THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:02 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
We won. Get over it.

Bet your fun at parties

Just don’t see why we get upset after winning the second game of the season at home. Yes the second half was horrendous, but we’d lose that last year, let alone draw. These results, and in the way it happened, will benefit us. I agree it’s not pretty to watch, but I’d rather it happen in the second game than in January.

Because football isn’t that simple. If it was, it would be boring.

Any true football fan enjoys the analysis of the game. Yes, in summary it was great to win the game and we wouldn’t have won a game like that last season.

But if you look beyond the score, the 2nd half was poor. Lots to improve on and I can assure you, GA will be focusing on those areas as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:02 pm 

I don’t think people are upset, but there are clearly issues in the squad that need to be worked on

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:09 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
We won. Get over it.

Bet your fun at parties

Just don’t see why we get upset after winning the second game of the season at home. Yes the second half was horrendous, but we’d lose that last year, let alone draw. These results, and in the way it happened, will benefit us. I agree it’s not pretty to watch, but I’d rather it happen in the second game than in January.

Because football isn’t that simple. If it was, it would be boring.

Any true football fan enjoys the analysis of the game. Yes, in summary it was great to win the game and we wouldn’t have won a game like that last season.

But if you look beyond the score, the 2nd half was poor. Lots to improve on and I can assure you, GA will be focusing on those areas as well.

So a true football fan is only someone who enjoys the analysis of the game. What if you don’t?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:10 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I don’t think people are upset, but there are clearly issues in the squad that need to be worked on

Exactly. But we are 2 games in. Let them iron themselves out, people are bedwetting after we’ve won two games after being relegated and an awful pre season. Enjoy it when you can.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:06 pm 

If I'd asked you 2 hours before the Barnsley game whether you'd take two performances like the Tranmere game, would you have taken it?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:31 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
We won. Get over it.

Book-marked. I'll bring this back after we lose 3 on the bounce. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:47 am 

It was so shit that no one's even mentioned the bar staff, or lack of.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:31 am 

The reason people are commenting on how awful the second half was is because;

1) if we play like that for 44 more games we won’t get promoted. Tranmere battered us and we got lucky they couldn’t put away the 3/4 clear chances they had. We also didn’t create a single chance second half.

2) it was shit to watch. Imaging watching watching that for a whole season it would be deja vu from last year.

I don’t think anyone is that upset or ‘bedwetting’, just saying it how it is really.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:44 am 

Alby39 wrote:
If I'd asked you 2 hours before the Barnsley game whether you'd take two performances like the Tranmere game, would you have taken it?

Performances - no way. Perform like that last season against Barnsley and they would have battered us 7-0 or more. Burton also beat us if we perform like that.

Now would we have taken shithousing our way to 1-0 wins? Absolutely.

But it’s the start of a new season and at this point performances do matter. If we had battered Tranmere all game and created plenty of chances but didn’t managed to score them and only drew the game we would probably be mildly disappointed but full off confidence that over the season we will be better than the majority of sides. But right now it feels the opposite, there wasn’t any positive signs in the second half.

Still there is plenty of time to improve and we have 6 points so it’s hardly a bad place to be in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:27 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
We won. Get over it.

Bet your fun at parties

To be fair BCS, since 2016 you have been by FAR the most miserable poster on here :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next