THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Black kit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:47 pm 

Two years in a row we’ve had black at Northampton where it seems more of a clash than white top and black shorts. Was really hard to make out at times in the second half under the floodlights.

Hopefully Runyak is reading and can shed some light on the rules and whether we were told to wear that kit, or is it preference?

Apparently.

UTF

Post subject: Re: Black kit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:09 pm 

I don't know if it's the same at our level, but I read somewhere once that Prem teams have to play a certain number of games in each away kit (manufacturers instructions). Personally I've always loved the look of the Black kits but found them awful for watching the game. Even our performances and results appear to be worse in it (prepared to be proven wrong!).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:17 pm 

I know the Premiership thing applies, hence why Watford always wear red when away from home. But at this level we’ve worn white shirts and black shorts before at Sixfields. And it looks fine. If we had the yellow strip I’d understand wearing that, bright and stands out from NTFC’s kit, but black was really hard to make out especially as it had been raining and Northampton’s maroon was almost black and it was so hard to make out

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:27 pm 

I've always felt like wearing black kits is a hindrance. I'd love to see the stats of win percentages with black kits compared to brighter kits. Surely against the dark backdrop of a football crowd it must be harder to spot your team mates compared to brighter kits. I much preferred it when we had the yellow kit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:37 pm 

Alby wrote:
I know the Premiership thing applies, hence why Watford always wear red when away from home. But at this level we’ve worn white shirts and black shorts before at Sixfields. And it looks fine. If we had the yellow strip I’d understand wearing that, bright and stands out from NTFC’s kit, but black was really hard to make out especially as it had been raining and Northampton’s maroon was almost black and it was so hard to make out

Maybe they won't allow mix n match kits anymore? Strikes me as being a bit bloody stupid if so, but equally wouldn't surprise me! Could of course just be kit man's a bit lazy and doesn't like separating and rejoining the kits pre/post match.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 pm 

It’s ok on a sunny afternoon, does not do under lights