THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sardines
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:50 pm 

That is what it felt like tonight. Packed into a few blocks, when all you can see ahead of you is empty seats. Quite a mess as well, as people turned up to find others in their seats as some were treating it like an away game. The concession bars were absolutely heaving too, with really lengthy queues even as the 2nd half kicked off.

Packing everyone in actually decreased the atmosphere, which I thought was at it's lowest ever.

Shut the corners, but open up the rest of the ground and let people buy a ticket where they want to sit. The lost revenue from people refusing to queue to get food and drink would have paid for the extra staff and stewards.

Post subject: Re: Sardines
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:18 pm 

Yep, queued for a pint for the full duration of half time, knew I was going to have to down it quickly as the second half had kicked off before I got served, so bought a half instead.
Why oh why can't they pre-pour a dozen or so pints and just keep doing that until the queue has gone? It really isn't rocket science.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:21 pm 

I'll not be going to the bar again until they get it sorted. There you go, some more potential income lost.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:38 pm 

I've come to terms with the price of a pint but until I can get a better and quicker service they won't be getting many pints out of me

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:04 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
That is what it felt like tonight. Packed into a few blocks, when all you can see ahead of you is empty seats. Quite a mess as well, as people turned up to find others in their seats as some were treating it like an away game. The concession bars were absolutely heaving too, with really lengthy queues even as the 2nd half kicked off.

Packing everyone in actually decreased the atmosphere, which I thought was at it's lowest ever.

Shut the corners, but open up the rest of the ground and let people buy a ticket where they want to sit. The lost revenue from people refusing to queue to get food and drink would have paid for the extra staff and stewards.

Stewarding cut to bare minimum , no agency staff , more fans turned up than was expected so not enough food was available too.
I guess we will see what it's like Saturday as to what normal is as whole ground will be open

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:25 am 

I still don't believe Pete's learnt his lesson. An aisle tapped off even though fans needed to use it to get to their seats (later removed) and very long queues for the kiosk. Saving pennies and losing pounds they say.

Off pitch score - 2 out of 10.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:34 am 

Who has this idea? Didn't the last SB Meeting suggest John Cove is taking these duties over?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:39 am 

Oakeedokee wrote:
I'll not be going to the bar again until they get it sorted. There you go, some more potential income lost.

Be prepared for a very long wait. :lol:

If they couldn't be bothered to sort it out ten years ago before they started penny-pinching off the pitch, they sure as hell aren't going to do it now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:53 am 

The more overheads you have the less profit you make obviously. Think about it this way if Saturday had gone the other way you wouldn't have had this problem. A few more people turned up cause the team turned up on Saturday. I understand the frustrations, but it is a cup game that would have got probably 4k in total attendance on a good day. They were selling tickets for £10. I can't imagine that there would have much money made. As for the beer thing again. I don't drink the stuff, but I can imagine a flat warm beer that has been put on a bar for god knows how long is not the tastiest thing to drink and again, you pour 20 and only sell 10 that's 10 pints gone down the shitter. Of course there has to be balance to it, half time is only 15 mins so I get the annoyance, but also you have to look at it from a commercial perspective. Everything costs money. Maybe the answer is more staff, but I don't know how big the bar is that it would accommodate any more staff and even then they still have to be paid.

Ahh well we are out of it now so let's see how it is on Saturday when the majority of the ground will be open. It's hard to judge any improvements during a shitty little cup game. At least give them enough rope to hang themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:47 am 

CleanDon wrote:
Who has this idea? Didn't the last SB Meeting suggest John Cove is taking these duties over?

Er, that will help, will it?