THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sardines
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:15 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
I still don't believe Pete's learnt his lesson. An aisle tapped off even though fans needed to use it to get to their seats (later removed) and very long queues for the kiosk. Saving pennies and losing pounds they say.

Off pitch score - 2 out of 10.

That's the new MK Dons and has been for a couple of years or so now.

Risk Averse in the extreme. Nothing is spent without consideration of the bottom line anywhere in the club. Good business practice, but makes for a miserable matchday experience for everyone.

It's the same reason we don't have stock in the club shop and are short staffed for almost every occasion, not just football.

It's not going to change any time soon. As someone who used to bring people to games occasiononally it's a massive shame to see as I knew there was always a "wow" factor about a visit to s:mk for most neutrals. That has been massively sacrificed by penny pinching.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:22 pm 

It must be a tough one to call on how many are going to turn up. I wasn’t coming last night, Wrexham was a amazing but I didn’t really want to see our 2nd string get a hammering but once I saw the line up I came down

Both ticket offices were packed so I suspect a number like me made the last minute decision to go

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:35 pm 

Junglecad wrote:
It must be a tough one to call on how many are going to turn up. I wasn’t coming last night, Wrexham was a amazing but I didn’t really want to see our 2nd string get a hammering but once I saw the line up I came down

Both ticket offices were packed so I suspect a number like me made the last minute decision to go

I'm sure there were many like you. I only made a decision yesterday lunchtime myself. The club massively underestimated, and if Friday's sales were anything to go by they were right, but anyone who follows the game would have known we'd have a significant boost after Saturday's result. The big question, as so often when questioning things at our club, is. "is there anyone who follows the game?". I bet there wasn't even an acknowledgement that we might sell more tickets than expected let alone calls made to agencies for staff (stewarding and concessions).

As an aside about There does need to be more done about the prmoting of selling digitally though, because I suspect a large percentage of those queing could have bought and downloaded into their phone wallet. It's really simple and it's now at the point where I could do it walking to the ground from the car park, not having to worry about glitches, 4G connection etc.. That may not help the club with gauging likely attendances though if we all do that :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:51 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I still don't believe Pete's learnt his lesson. An aisle tapped off even though fans needed to use it to get to their seats (later removed) and very long queues for the kiosk. Saving pennies and losing pounds they say.

Off pitch score - 2 out of 10.

That's the new MK Dons and has been for a couple of years or so now.

Risk Averse in the extreme. Nothing is spent without consideration of the bottom line anywhere in the club. Good business practice, but makes for a miserable matchday experience for everyone.

It's the same reason we don't have stock in the club shop and are short staffed for almost every occasion, not just football.

It's not going to change any time soon. As someone who used to bring people to games occasiononally it's a massive shame to see as I knew there was always a "wow" factor about a visit to s:mk for most neutrals. That has been massively sacrificed by penny pinching.

It's becoming a pretty miserable experience for the stewards as well in truth. Will see what happens Saturday but the ones i know including myself. It won't take much more to just walk away
for me I just want people to come enjoy themselves in safety and go away thinking that they've had the best experience they could have.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:54 pm 

I booked 2 tickets towards the back on one side because of dodgy knees
Picked them up and they were middle of the block 5 rows from the front.
Uselessness in the extreme

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:48 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
The more overheads you have the less profit you make obviously. Think about it this way if Saturday had gone the other way you wouldn't have had this problem. A few more people turned up cause the team turned up on Saturday. I understand the frustrations, but it is a cup game that would have got probably 4k in total attendance on a good day. They were selling tickets for £10. I can't imagine that there would have much money made. As for the beer thing again. I don't drink the stuff, but I can imagine a flat warm beer that has been put on a bar for god knows how long is not the tastiest thing to drink and again, you pour 20 and only sell 10 that's 10 pints gone down the shitter. Of course there has to be balance to it, half time is only 15 mins so I get the annoyance, but also you have to look at it from a commercial perspective. Everything costs money. Maybe the answer is more staff, but I don't know how big the bar is that it would accommodate any more staff and even then they still have to be paid.

Ahh well we are out of it now so let's see how it is on Saturday when the majority of the ground will be open. It's hard to judge any improvements during a shitty little cup game. At least give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Reg beer:
If you know your sales rate, you could solve it.
If 3/4 people behind the bar could start pouring pints on 40 mins, you could probably have 30* poured by the time the punters roll in.
(* I'm not a mathematician and I haven't poured a pint in about a year so maybe I'm off but you take the rough point). That speeds things up at the start and you'd likely not lose anything. I pick a different bar at HT each game, and I'm certain that we'd benefit from that as opposed to losing out. In terms of beer going flat, it won't go flat in 10/15 mins any more so than how it usually tastes when it's poured.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit