THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: MJ Williams
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:43 pm 
He's going to be some player for us this season if he plays like that every week. Mopped up everything, saw danger before other players, got stuck in and played some good passes. Man of the match for me today.

I'm sure Sphere will move this to the current player's sub-forum at some point but looks like that place needs updating as still has a few old players there.

Post subject: Re: MJ Williams
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:58 pm 

Agree, awesome display today, seemed alert to everything, even before it happened

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:10 am 

It was his hussle that got us on our way to our third goal from what I could tell on the highlights.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:12 am 

Looks like a fantastic signing. Best DM display by a Dons player in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:24 am 

Loved that midfield trio yesterday . Williams and Gilbey were great but it was brilliant seeing the Robson we had on loan two years ago back on it. they were everywhere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:30 am 

AMKD wrote:
Loved that midfield trio yesterday . Williams and Gilbey were great but it was brilliant seeing the Robson we had on loan two years ago back on it. they were everywhere

Yes, he was definitely fired up!

Also, I know we conceded 3, but Tucker looked more confident?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 pm 

Theres been a lot of chatter about the fact we conceded 3 goals but imo they were pretty unavoidable. I mean we could have been closer to the shooting player but we just got unlucky with second balls drop to them on a sixpence. 90% of the time (made up figure) those shots are blasted over, fired straight at the keeper or hit a body of players. We just hot incredibly unlucky 3 out of 3 went in on the day. What impressed me more is we didnt look fragile, we defended balls in to the box well, some neat saves and the press from front to back was insane.

Yes we conceded 3 but it wasnt down to us being poor defensively, it was just a stroke of bad luck on the day. In camparison we scored 4/5 goals of different types all with great quality wr could expect to see more of not just first time lucky punts.

In attack we were beating them one on one, dribbling at sill and clinical in every facet.

In defence we were winning every aerial ball, pressing well, working tirelessly and not getting passed through or beaten.

For me it was 3 unlucky goals that on the day do not matter because we scored 5 of real signs of quality. On another day we wouldnt concede 1 of those strikes let alone 3.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:33 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Theres been a lot of chatter about the fact we conceded 3 goals but imo they were pretty unavoidable. I mean we could have been closer to the shooting player but we just got unlucky with second balls drop to them on a sixpence. 90% of the time (made up figure) those shots are blasted over, fired straight at the keeper or hit a body of players. We just hot incredibly unlucky 3 out of 3 went in on the day. What impressed me more is we didnt look fragile, we defended balls in to the box well, some neat saves and the press from front to back was insane.

Yes we conceded 3 but it wasnt down to us being poor defensively, it was just a stroke of bad luck on the day. In camparison we scored 4/5 goals of different types all with great quality wr could expect to see more of not just first time lucky punts.

In attack we were beating them one on one, dribbling at sill and clinical in every facet.

In defence we were winning every aerial ball, pressing well, working tirelessly and not getting passed through or beaten.

For me it was 3 unlucky goals that on the day do not matter because we scored 5 of real signs of quality. On another day we wouldnt concede 1 of those strikes let alone 3.

Sorry but that is proper rose tinted glasses analysis they had 23 shots and if you follow the link and scroll down to the pitch map showing where they were from there were a lot from the areas they scored (https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/match/4203 ... eynes-dons). We have to be better at defending these areas and getting out to second balls around the area or we will regularly conceded from these areas.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:41 pm 

Nit picking a bit but I though McGilivray was poor on one of their goals .. their second I think.. where he covered his right hand post for the initial phase and didn't readjust as the ball was recycled. powerful shot but was then beaten on his left. I'm being a bit nerdy and I have no real complaints after that. Most
Enjoyable game since we battered Plymouth away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:33 pm 

AMKD wrote:
Nit picking a bit but I though McGilivray was poor on one of their goals .. their second I think.. where he covered his right hand post for the initial phase and didn't readjust as the ball was recycled. powerful shot but was then beaten on his left. I'm being a bit nerdy and I have no real complaints after that. Most
Enjoyable game since we battered Plymouth away

You're not, he should have done better with all 3.

Said in another thread, its a positive that even though our keeper had an off day, we still won.