THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:29 am 

Thanks WellDon - great to have these posts back for another season, especially after a cracking result!

If anyone had got 5-3 in the prediction league, we should just give them the title now!

Looking forward to Tranmere at home, will the ill-advised optimism reserved only for fickle football fans with short memories! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 am 

Lovely to see the meltdown back , and it is great to be at the start of another season. It wouldn’t be a start of a season without the usual fun and games getting my season ticket from the box office , but that is now all part of the ritual and drum beat of a season supporting the dons. The season I have a season ticket which is mine, correct and in my hand before game 1 will be a dark day.

A sensational start for us, no doubt about it. The pre season games plan of playing after training made for some tired performances pre season but if the net result is the energy, strength and stamina we took to Wrexham then it sounds like footballing alchemy at this level. If we keep this starting unit, add a couple more especially in attack to cover the inevitable injuries we look like we might be able to compete .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:15 am 

I've realised I was using "The Meltdown" last season as confirmation that I wasn't the only one thinking a certain way. Great to have it back

Lets hope Saturday wasn't just a "shop window" for some of our players before Sept 1st