THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Live! - Wrexham (A)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:25 am 

Gers wrote:
Don't know if anyone listened to the MK1 podcast this week? They had a guest on from a Wrexham pod, and his sense of entitlement was a thing of wonder. Much rather have been on the beach in LA than playing shit non-league teams in preparation for life back in the league. Thought that we'd be overwhelmed playing in front of a big crowd (my own personal favourite). Referred to the owners as Rob and Ryan as if they were his mates, and a host of other delusional crap. I know it's only the opening game, but if only to shut that prick up, then I'm happy with that performance.

Agree. I listened to the podcast yesterday morning and it was pure Sunderland ‘too good for this league’ vibes from that Wrexham fan. Completely unwilling to accept the fact we’ve been playing 2 levels above them for the majority of the last 15 years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:52 am 

Ormeau wrote:
Gers wrote:
Don't know if anyone listened to the MK1 podcast this week? They had a guest on from a Wrexham pod, and his sense of entitlement was a thing of wonder. Much rather have been on the beach in LA than playing shit non-league teams in preparation for life back in the league. Thought that we'd be overwhelmed playing in front of a big crowd (my own personal favourite). Referred to the owners as Rob and Ryan as if they were his mates, and a host of other delusional crap. I know it's only the opening game, but if only to shut that prick up, then I'm happy with that performance.

Agree. I listened to the podcast yesterday morning and it was pure Sunderland ‘too good for this league’ vibes from that Wrexham fan. Completely unwilling to accept the fact we’ve been playing 2 levels above them for the majority of the last 15 years.

We’ve played Leeds a couple of times away while Wrexham were in the doldrums. Now that can be overwhelming. I’d put Wrexham in the same category as Norwich. I remember the time junior and I were next to their home fans and (I’m guessing) a 13 year old girl gave us the ‘fight outside’ gesture. We couldn’t stop laughing.

Wrexham are the polar reverse of intimidating.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:52 pm 

I wasn’t that sold on the blue kit but it looked fucking unbelievable yesterday after the 5th goal went it :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:52 am 
Live thread for the Wycombe cup game is up in Cornflake Corner, where all the live threads will be from now on...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9061

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19