THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live! - Wrexham (A)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:11 pm 

Filth wrote:
Can we talk about the starting XI/bench?!

Well, mainly the bench:

Harness
Holland
Ilunga
Hunter
Anker
Scholtz
Devoy

Firstly, it's obvious we're lacking quality in depth.

Secondly, when we're playing two strikers/CFs - how does Dean or Dennis not make the bench? Surely they're either injured or off on loan somewhere?

Same thing with Burns.

Also an academy player (Scholtz) making the bench as well as coming on (I've made a separate thread about that).

I'm sure I read on the preview Dennis was injured alongside Grant and Lewie, can't remember if I saw Dean listed on there too

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:20 pm 

Just seen Eisa's goal, really different gravy for L2. He took out 5 blokes with a turn.

Haters take a pew.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:22 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
Haters take a pew.

Amen brother.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:45 pm 

Never in doubt paul. 40 goals there between him and leko. 50 from the front 3 if we add a physical nuisance through the middle to play them in and win headers and bully defenders.

Luke armstrong is the one i want. Would take 6 defenders ti mark them 3 would be cheat code. The space they would open up for robson, gilbey, norman and harvie would be tidiculous.

Fire up the locomotive keyser i think we will be steaming come september 1st.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:54 pm 
paul4040 wrote:
Just seen Eisa's goal, really different gravy for L2. He took out 5 blokes with a turn.

Haters take a pew.

I count six :o

I just pray he stays fit and stays here.

But Leko is equally impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:00 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Luke armstrong is the one i want. Would take 6 defenders ti mark them 3 would be cheat code. The space they would open up for robson, gilbey, norman and harvie would be tidiculous.

He refused to play today due to the interest from multiple clubs. Think he might be heading to North Wales though..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:25 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Fire up the locomotive keyser i think we will be steaming come september 1st.

:lol:

Maybe. Forgive me if it takes a few more weeks. But I'd love to get the old girl back out of the tracks. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:04 am 

Don't know if anyone listened to the MK1 podcast this week? They had a guest on from a Wrexham pod, and his sense of entitlement was a thing of wonder. Much rather have been on the beach in LA than playing shit non-league teams in preparation for life back in the league. Thought that we'd be overwhelmed playing in front of a big crowd (my own personal favourite). Referred to the owners as Rob and Ryan as if they were his mates, and a host of other delusional crap. I know it's only the opening game, but if only to shut that prick up, then I'm happy with that performance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:24 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

He refused to play today due to the interest from multiple clubs. Think he might be heading to North Wales though..

Not sold on getting him he played under GA before without success why would he thrive here under him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:08 am 

paul4040 wrote:

Haters take a pew.

Shades of Izale McLeod against Doncaster Rovers, way back when. It's in here around 1.45:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAok ... IGRvbnM%3D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next