THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Live! - Wrexham (A)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:23 pm 
Discuss your pre-match build-up and the match itself.

Don't know who does this thread, I don't care but if nobody else does it I'll try and remember.

Thought I'd post this first match in Dons Chat, and I'll post the future ones in the usual place.

Post subject: Re: Live! - Wrexham (A)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:49 pm 

Going to get wreckeddddd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:06 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Going to get wreckeddddd

Enough about my drunken state, what about the game?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:33 am 
Weather forecast looks atrocious.

Heavy rain and strong winds until late afternoon for north Wales.

Hopefully their ground can withstand a battering this time, last time they had a storm a few months ago during pre-season they had damage and flooding in one of the stands.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:01 am 

A few weeks ago after a few excellent early additions i was beginning to get optimistic but the lack of adddresssing the need for a target man for all these crosses and the terrible preseason has made me jaded. Not sure whst to expect. Not sure how much of an impact training before friendlies had on the result or how much it will better us today. Maybe we will be incredibly fit and outbattle and outrun wrexham? Or maybe we will concede early and fall to pieces mentally.

Im excited but completely aprehensive on our fortunes. Lose today in a certain manner and i fear the season will get away from us.

Win today and it will send a huge message to any prospective signings we look to get done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:06 am 
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Im excited but completely aprehensive on our fortunes. Lose today in a certain manner and i fear the season will get away from us. Win today and it will send a huge message to any prospective signings we look to get done.

Agree. Losing isn't the end of the world given they're likely to be right up there at the end and their budget, we're away from home and they're known for being hard to be etc. But if we do lose it's the manner of the defeat.

A win would be perfect - suddenly things look a little more optimistic from our point of view, but to everyone else they'll sit up and notice. A win or a bad defeat could be the difference between us signing that sought after number 9 or ending up with another sub-par signing.

I just hope the weather isn't going to be as big a problem as it potentially could be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:33 am 

Don't know what it's like in North Wales, but it's absolutely chucking it down in Stony. My dogs are sat with that look of expectation waiting for me to say the word that you can't say out loud (walk), but they can fucking wait. If it's like this here, god alone knows what it'll be like there. Best of luck to those travelling.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:38 am 

Long ball in the rain - league 2 here we go.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:43 am 

Weather is forecast to be awful in Wrexham. Good luck to whoever is going...Hollywood it ain't.

I only hope the conditions are a leveller today.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:56 am 

Has anyone heard anything about a pitch inspection? Most of us will need to leave way before 12 if they plan on doing one then

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next