THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:42 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
Just the recruitment process. GA made it clear he is leading recruitment and referring to himself as manager not coach.

Seriously don't think that last bit matters. Winkelbot himself seemed to get confused with the term in his relegation rant.
Wasn't too arsed, said they're the same role

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:05 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Just the recruitment process. GA made it clear he is leading recruitment and referring to himself as manager not coach.

Seriously don't think that last bit matters. Winkelbot himself seemed to get confused with the term in his relegation rant.

Yep - that’s what I’d say if it was convenient to me to blur the edges with the fans. The employment implications are quite different though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:07 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

Maybe something to that, he seems to want to set out a very pragmatic approach with little concern for style or flair and is probably getting a huge say - but as PW said, transfers are a three-way collab between him, the manager, and LS.

Fair enough. I’m not looking for problems that aren’t there. Just trying to make some sense of things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:32 pm 

Face facts. Out of all the clubs in our catchment area we are now officially bottom of the totem pole when it comes to pro clubs. Every other club in our area (and I include Reading and Oxford in this) is in a league above, OK Reading are an odd sort at the moment with a transfer embargo and only 19 players on the books, but if they do get their shit together I would say it would be January when they get players in. It maybe wages, but I don't believe it is as we have had good players drop down a league to play for us. You also watch GA's pressers each one is like a Russian Doll of depression to the point he said the other day they are still trying to get players through the door in some attempt to quell the fire that is coming out of some peoples ears. Even Parky at tomorrows opponents are finding it difficult to get a striker through the door so we are not alone on this one (see link below) and money can not be the issue with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66388694

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:29 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

Yep - that’s what I’d say if it was convenient to me to blur the edges with the fans. The employment implications are quite different though.

Each to their own. I personally don't think it matters

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:46 pm 

Remember no matter the result, it's a marathon, not a sprint. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:17 pm 

Donsduck wrote:
Great write up Welldon, I think expectation wise most of us are in the same slightly dark place. We definitely need a couple more new faces and we still seem to be carrying some deadwood.

As tgey say though it is the hope that gets you!!

Don't think I'd go that far..... ;)