THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Two
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:30 pm 

If you were told we would only be making 2 more signings and no further outgoings where would you prioritise those 2 signings?

For me i think we need to look to add goals to the team so id be looking at a bulldozer of a creative midfielder, think panutche camara or chuks aneke type. Someone with decent technical ability but can also gi box to box and wrestle goals in and grab the game and the opposition by the scruff of the neck.

Snd the same but for an out and out target man who can stretch defences, cause problems but also is s natural goalscorer and instinctive.

I want tk see pace, power, physicality and a drop of ball carrying technical ability with decent powerful finishing.

Big ask but i feel thats where we sre short is a dynamic powerhouse in midfield that can create and overpower the opposition and a striker who can occupy 2 defenders and bring goals and oace and power to the team.

Think frank nouble, benik afobe, adebajo.

Think panutche camara, chuks aneke, yaya toure.

Post subject: Re: Two
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:31 pm 

Or a michail antonio type out wide. But basically a powerful creative goalscoring midfielder.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:33 pm 

I think this team is crying out for a player who you csn look too and say go on do it yourself and just believe that they can flip a game on a sixprnce or power their way through against the run of play. A couple of players that frighten tge opposition physically and athletically but arent fat donkeys.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:56 pm 

:arrow: Is mullin available ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:49 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
If you were told we would only be making 2 more signings and no further outgoings where would you prioritise those 2 signings?

For me i think we need to look to add goals to the team so id be looking at a bulldozer of a creative midfielder, think panutche camara or chuks aneke type. Someone with decent technical ability but can also gi box to box and wrestle goals in and grab the game and the opposition by the scruff of the neck.

Snd the same but for an out and out target man who can stretch defences, cause problems but also is s natural goalscorer and instinctive.

I want tk see pace, power, physicality and a drop of ball carrying technical ability with decent powerful finishing.

Big ask but i feel thats where we sre short is a dynamic powerhouse in midfield that can create and overpower the opposition and a striker who can occupy 2 defenders and bring goals and oace and power to the team.

I don't think we need anymore additions in defence or midfield, unless someone were to leave.

We need another striker and winger.

I was excited by the prospect of Leko in League 2 but I am starting to worrying he's not going to deliver and will continue to frustrate. Burns, Holland and Grant aren't game changers either. We need a Rak-Saki type player.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:59 pm 
We need more than two but in this hypothetical situation...

A tall, strong CF able to bully defenders and win headers - a Cam Jerome type
A creative attacking mid who isnt afraid to take a shot himself - a prime Ben Reeves type (although I'd have taken a punt on Dan Kemp)

Ideally a winger too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:26 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

I don't think we need anymore additions in defence or midfield, unless someone were to leave.

We need another striker and winger.

I was excited by the prospect of Leko in League 2 but I am starting to worrying he's not going to deliver and will continue to frustrate. Burns, Holland and Grant aren't game changers either. We need a Rak-Saki type player.

Or perhaps just a bottle of Saki....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:34 pm 

If I was in charge I would spend most of the funds on a striker, so the 2nd player would have to be cover right back / wing back. Both with some pace, strength and intelligence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:39 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
If I was in charge I would spend most of the funds on a striker, so the 2nd player would have to be cover right back / wing back. Both with some pace, strength and intelligence.

As above
Whatever we can afford on a striker

Cover the other positions with loans

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:06 pm 

Two people who know how to serve in a concourse bar.