THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: MKDSA Travel
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:30 am 

paul4040 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Youre missing the point, the dsa isnt a personal account its an account that is supposed to act in the best interests of the club and its fans.

Well quite.

The SA should be a non-denominational umbrella for all our fans that acts in our interests and occasionally cooperates with other supporters' associations. It should represent the fans to the club and to the wider football fraternity.

I do get the "I'm glad they are shithouses" argument, because yes, even getting recognition as a club and a fanbase is an uphill battle (I do remember the boycott days). But I don't think it's really the way forward for an official account; it's 2023, things have moved on. Let the players and individual fans be shithouses, the SA should be a little bit above that, in my opinion.

This. Entirely this. There’s a time and a place for biting back and posting those kind of messages, the official MKDSA Twitter account isn’t the place. They have their own account, use that one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:31 am 

DippyDon wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Youre missing the point, the dsa isnt a personal account its an account that is supposed to act in the best interests of the club and its fans.

Well quite.

The SA should be a non-denominational umbrella for all our fans that acts in our interests and occasionally cooperates with other supporters' associations. It should represent the fans to the club and to the wider football fraternity.

I do get the "I'm glad they are shithouses" argument, because yes, even getting recognition as a club and a fanbase is an uphill battle (I do remember the boycott days). But I don't think it's really the way forward for an official account; it's 2023, things have moved on. Let the players and individual fans be shithouses, the SA should be a little bit above that, in my opinion.

This. Entirely this. There’s a time and a place for biting back and posting those kind of messages, the official MKDSA Twitter account isn’t the place. They have their own account, use that one.

In fairness mate, and you know I'm largely on your side with a lot of this, I really think it's an overreaction myself.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:37 am 

I don't know how many ways I can say this. They don't represent me. They can say whatever they like. I don't care.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:41 am 

Gers wrote:
I don't care.

He says... with his ninth post on this thread this morning. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:44 am 

Gers wrote:
I don't know how many ways I can say this. They don't represent me. They can say whatever they like. I don't care.

I think you do :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:47 am 

Alby39 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Well quite.

In fairness mate, and you know I'm largely on your side with a lot of this, I really think it's an overreaction myself.

It reminds me a lot of Sheffield Wednesday at home last year. Lots of potentially smaller things going wrong that add up to become a large clusterfuck. This post started with the travel but became a wider thing about the DSA as a whole. I think the tweet is unprofessional but it’s a smaller issue in my problem with the organisation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:50 am 

I couldn't care less. But I do care when a friend of mine is being derided simply for having the temerity to be old.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:53 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Well quite.

It reminds me a lot of Sheffield Wednesday at home last year. Lots of potentially smaller things going wrong that add up to become a large clusterfuck. This post started with the travel but became a wider thing about the DSA as a whole. I think the tweet is unprofessional but it’s a smaller issue in my problem with the organisation.

Of course it's not "the issue" but people are really losing their rag over something that, imo is trivial.

Don't get me wrong, I've called them out on similar in the past (an ex chair whi did what we all know he did after a can or 10) but when someone sits you down afterwards and ultimately drips the "is it that deep" thing, you realise you were in fact wasting energy on things that could be put elsewhere.

Your other grumbles are understandable, mind. Just think the Tweet thing is being blown so far out of proportion now

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:00 am 

- accusations of bullying

- running the official supporters association account unprofessionally

- blocking fans on said official account

- not fit for purpose

- official supporters account bookmarking/liking pictures of younger nude girls (different chair same organisation)

None of which have anything to do with age but of course an old man liking young girls pictures on the supporters association is age related and the exception. But of course age could be their motive in some instances. Its not the biggest concern of those questioning the running of the supporters association though.

This isnt an individual thing this is an organisation problem thats been tumbling on a long time. A snowball effect.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:13 am 

Gers wrote:

I think you do

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next