THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:39 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
How is this Winkelman fault? Can't make players want to join. I have a feeling that we are going for targets and they are saying no. What targets I don't know. But for the life of me I don't want to think Sweeing and Alexander are sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen. The players we have brought in have for the most part come from higher level clubs than us so I can't see money being the issue. I am not his biggest fan in the slightest, but I am struggling to find how Pete is to blame. It is Sweeting after all that sources the players with Alexanders feedback.

Yep, I reckon you've called this right. I suspect we have money but have missed targets OR getting player X depends on his club securing player Y, that sort of complication.

I'm still pretty down about it all though. Logic isn't helping.

Yep which is why we have no loans as well cause if we are trying to get a permanent signings until that shit definitely hits the fan there is no point using a loan. Thing is even with the squad we have bar Wrexham the rest of August is winnable when it comes to the league and I am hoping by September which will be a tricky month with Stockport, Notts County and Sutton back to back we will have a couple more bodies in the door loans or permanent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:04 am 

The eternal optimist in me thinks we have 1 or 2 decent loans lined up from Prem teams (think Parrot, KKH) but they won't join until the end of their clubs preseason tours finish (later this week hopefully).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:45 am 

The first thing that surprises me is that a single person still believes a single word that Winkelman utters. If he told me today was Monday I would check the calendar. Hes a walking talking encyclopedia of bullshit yet still some fans lap it up.

I dont doubt the odd target has gone elsewhere to play at a higher level but for my reckoning its simply amount money. As the Saudi situation demonstrates, thats all that players care about. At this level I reckon even more so. The difference between paying a player £2K or £3K per week is massive in context.

Of course its down to the balancing act of the budget. Do we bust the structure to get a 20 goal L2 proven striker or do we hedge and see what the loan market can bring.

Im not sure that we can sustain too long in L2 with the huge overhead of our stadium plus the need to invest in the training ground etc. to fund it I would imagine more and more non football activities will have to be booked in and the fan suffers again.

By December, we will know whats what and then the decisions made now will either prove good, bad or indifferent. I know where my expectatons are.

Yeah yeah, I know be grateful we have a club, Winkelman is god blah blah blah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:13 am 

Magpie wrote:
The first thing that surprises me is that a single person still believes a single word that Winkelman utters. If he told me today was Monday I would check the calendar. Hes a walking talking encyclopedia of bullshit yet still some fans lap it up.

I dont doubt the odd target has gone elsewhere to play at a higher level but for my reckoning its simply amount money. As the Saudi situation demonstrates, thats all that players care about. At this level I reckon even more so. The difference between paying a player £2K or £3K per week is massive in context.

Of course its down to the balancing act of the budget. Do we bust the structure to get a 20 goal L2 proven striker or do we hedge and see what the loan market can bring.

Im not sure that we can sustain too long in L2 with the huge overhead of our stadium plus the need to invest in the training ground etc. to fund it I would imagine more and more non football activities will have to be booked in and the fan suffers again.

By December, we will know whats what and then the decisions made now will either prove good, bad or indifferent. I know where my expectatons are.

So you would rather the club would go down the shitter based on what is quite frankly a baseless rumour that Winkelman has not given Sweeting and Alexander a playing budget. Why would MacG, Williams and Gilbey drop down a level to play for us if they were having to take a pay cut? It makes no sense. Its the same fucking bollocks every time. The babies don't get what they want (you go find me a 20 goal L2 striker who would stay in League 2 if they score 20 goals they would be higher up the totem pole and don't give me no BS you know its true before we have even talked about budgets) so they throw their dummies out the pram. I am not his biggest fan but fucking piss off with that absolute ludicrous crap. He gives what he can afford. I have already lost one club I used to support to owner greed and fan apathy and whilst I can't stop people from walking it just annoys me that every bloody summer we have the same conversation and it is boring.

The stadium is a white elephant, but again when things were mooted about closing the corners for example the people sitting there didn't want to move so what can be done? Fuck all.

The money should be invested into the training complex. We have spend 10 years getting planning permission for that. Now we have it the quicker it is finished the better in my eyes then there is no excuses.

Do be fucking grateful you have a club. Go speak to any Southend or Reading fan I bet they wish they were worrying about where their next 20 goal striker is coming from rather than if they will have a club to support week by week. It's not the money we have it's how its spent. Blame baldy for that one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:15 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:

So you would rather the club would go down the shitter based on what is quite frankly a baseless rumour that Winkelman has not given Sweeting and Alexander a playing budget. Why would MacG, Williams and Gilbey drop down a level to play for us if they were having to take a pay cut? It makes no sense. Its the same fucking bollocks every time. The babies don't get what they want (you go find me a 20 goal L2 striker who would stay in League 2 if they score 20 goals they would be higher up the totem pole and don't give me no BS you know its true before we have even talked about budgets) so they throw their dummies out the pram. I am not his biggest fan but fucking piss off with that absolute ludicrous crap. He gives what he can afford. I have already lost one club I used to support to owner greed and fan apathy and whilst I can't stop people from walking it just annoys me that every bloody summer we have the same conversation and it is boring.

The stadium is a white elephant, but again when things were mooted about closing the corners for example the people sitting there didn't want to move so what can be done? Fuck all.

The money should be invested into the training complex. We have spend 10 years getting planning permission for that. Now we have it the quicker it is finished the better in my eyes then there is no excuses.

Do be fucking grateful you have a club. Go speak to any Southend or Reading fan I bet they wish they were worrying about where their next 20 goal striker is coming from rather than if they will have a club to support week by week. It's not the money we have it's how its spent. Blame baldy for that one.

Are you OK?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:21 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Crikey, that’s a trauma dump.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:23 am 

Magpie wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Are you OK?

No not really I am pissed off that people think that Winkelman giving out a budget is the problem. It isn't. We are a football club that has fallen off a cliff in 12 months. He is part to blame but so is Sweeting, Manning and Jackson. Every summer we have the same old moaning. He isn't giving us money. Why are we not getting a 20 goals striker like they fucking grow on trees. It's time people got real. It's one thing to be worried about not getting a striker. Its another thing to blame someone with zero proof. I am sure he gives what he can and we all know without other investment this is how it will be. Until we get the dead wood off the books what are we supposed to do? All he does is hand out the money. Sweeting is the one that has to find the players which he is quite clearly struggling with, but would I want us to break the bank for a 20 goal striker. No I defiantly wouldn't otherwise we are not better than the ones that chase the rainbow and fail. Then all we will be a failed experiment that the so called "proper fans" call us.

Last edited by Russybcool on Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:24 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Spot on. He screws up, but not for want of trying. To err is to be human.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:27 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Magpie wrote:

Are you OK?

No not really I am pissed off that people think that Winkelman giving out a budget is the problem. It isn't. We are a piss poor football club that has fallen off a cliff in 12 months. He is part to blame but so is Sweeting, Manning and Jackson. Every summer we have the same old moaning. He isn't giving us money. Why are we not getting a 20 goals striker like they fucking grow on trees. It's time people got real. It's one thing to be worried about not getting a striker. Its another thing to blame someone with zero proof. I am sure he gives what he can and we all know without other investment this is how it will be. Until we get the dead wood off the books what are we supposed to do? All he does is hand out the money. Sweeting is the one that has to find the players which he is quite clearly struggling with, but would I want us to break the bank for a 20 goal striker. No I defiantly wouldn't otherwise we are not better than the ones that chase the rainbow and fail. Then all we will be a failed experiment that the so called "proper fans" call us.

People want someone to blame and PW is an obvious and easy target. Our early recruitment has been good, plus we need to consider we have a number of players who will be on high wages, especially for League 2.

I don't know why people think we're the only club having issues bringing players in. Go on every clubs forum and I bet 90% of clubs supporters are complaining about lack of incomings.

Every team, in every league is looking for a 20 goal a season striker. It is the hardest area to recruit in, everyone knows that. We're lucky we still have Eisa under contract.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:39 am 

But tantrums aside, I will try and answer some of your rant

Who said anything about there not being a playing budget? Certainly not me. My concern was that and remains that the players we have supposedly missed out on (who actually really knows that?) haven't gone to the likes of Northampton for prestige. It will be money and contract length alone and nothing more.

The feted 20 goal a season L2 striker you are so certain doesn't exist, certainly does, just not at MK. Why is that do you think? do you have a coherent opinion on that or just shouty words?

As for losing one club, I don't know how that feels so I am sorry about that for you but owner greed and fan apathy is only being replaced by owner apathy and fan apathy. I'm not sure that's a better mix to be honest.

You appear to be trying to dictate how I choose to spend my extremely hard earned money when it comes to what I am prepared to spend at the club. After holding a season ticket for over 15 years, leaving my and several other tickets I fund money in the club over covid and then feeling utterly shat on, devalued and mugged off last year, I look forward very much to your explanation as to why my feelings are trumped by yours. Please, do try and explain, I cant wait.

Yes, the money should have been invested in the training ground. around 15 years ago. But it wasn't. We haven't spent 10 years getting planning permission for it but it has taken us 10 years to do what is required to get planning permission. Who was responsible for the decision to not build it in the beginning in lieu of a stadium we will never ever fill? Who has taken so long to achieve a half arsed training complex that we are ultimately getting. Cat 1 ring any bells? if it werent so funny it will be tragic.

What exactly am I supposed to be grateful for? I chose to spend my money with MK mostly because that's where my kids wanted to go. Are you suggesting I should be grateful for McDonalds or Asda as well seeing as they used to like to go there as well?

Lastly and not least, I will have whatever opinion I damn well choose and as long as I don't attack other people or offer views that are not considered societally illiterate then the likes of you and your tantrum can go to hell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next