THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:11 am 

And actions speak louder than words, going to give it a good go and do everything to get out of L2 is what he said.
We are massively short of where we need to be in terms of squad quality with 6 days to go until the league season starts.
Toothless last season and have lost Grigg and Kaikai in advanced positions since.
Have brought in a grand total of 0 attacking players.
6 players in total through the door with 13 leaving the club.
Where are the goals and creativity coming from?!
Never felt so disheartened with the club tbh and I know that many feel the same way.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:16 am 

I feel the same way. I was willing once again to believe PW when he said we would be going all out to bounce back up to L1. The initial signings were promising but that has dwindled away.
The reality is that there is nothing "all out" about our summer recruitment.
I fear we are in L2 for a few seasons whilst money is prioritised for the training ground and debt management. At that point PW will be in a position to sell.
I think until that point the club and PW will keep delivering the same soundbites to keep as many bums on seats as possible.
Overall not the end of the world, as long as we don't drop any further!

It is worthy of note that I am still naive enough to have hope that we will spring some amazing signing(s) this week that complete the team/squad. My gut feeling is 3 or 4 loan players. All youth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:44 am 
We always start the season with less players than we end the season with due to loanees, so that doesn't bother me.

But 100% we've neglected attacking areas, and have the same issue we did 12 months ago, nobody to really challenge Eisa, or provide adequate cover if he gets injured. Can you imagine relying on Dennis and Dean for 6 months? We didn't even have a recognised striker in the starting 11 yesterday.

6 days until the new season and a month of the window left - if we don't sort this out then it's another poor window for me (regardless of the promising start).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:07 am 

JonnyG wrote:
I feel the same way. I was willing once again to believe PW when he said we would be going all out to bounce back up to L1. The initial signings were promising but that has dwindled away.
I fear we are in L2 for a few seasons whilst money is prioritised for the training ground and debt management. At that point PW will be in a position to sell.
I think until that point the club and PW will keep delivering the same soundbites to keep as many bums on seats as possible.

It is worthy of note that I am still naive enough to have hope that we will spring some amazing signing(s) this week that complete the team/squad. My gut feeling is 3 or 4 loan players. All youth.

Are you still tipsy from last night?! (I know..... pot/kettle ;) )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:34 am 

Aliramone wrote:
JonnyG wrote:

Lol... as it happens... on holiday and yes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:39 am 

6 players in and 2 of them Goalkeepers... Still worried Eisa, Ohora will leave,and before anybody asks ive got pad on....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:48 pm 

JonnyG wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
JonnyG wrote:

Lol... as it happens... on holiday and yes

Takesh one to know one. Hic burp belch. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:27 am 

How is this Winkelman fault? Can't make players want to join. I have a feeling that we are going for targets and they are saying no. What targets I don't know. But for the life of me I don't want to think Sweeing and Alexander are sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen. The players we have brought in have for the most part come from higher level clubs than us so I can't see money being the issue. I am not his biggest fan in the slightest, but I am struggling to find how Pete is to blame. It is Sweeting after all that sources the players with Alexanders feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:32 am 

Russybcool wrote:
How is this Winkelman fault? Can't make players want to join. I have a feeling that we are going for targets and they are saying no. What targets I don't know. But for the life of me I don't want to think Sweeing and Alexander are sitting on their hands waiting for something to happen. The players we have brought in have for the most part come from higher level clubs than us so I can't see money being the issue. I am not his biggest fan in the slightest, but I am struggling to find how Pete is to blame. It is Sweeting after all that sources the players with Alexanders feedback.

Yep, I reckon you've called this right. I suspect we have money but have missed targets OR getting player X depends on his club securing player Y, that sort of complication.

I'm still pretty down about it all though. Logic isn't helping.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:38 am 

If we really were in for Tyreece Simpson and he turned us down for the Cobblers then I can only assume he just wanted to play at a higher level. That's reality unfortunately.

GA has become progressively less upbeat about squad movement in his post match interviews and I am growing concerned that he has set out his stall to play in a certain way but has not been given the players to fill out the squad to match that.