THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:43 pm 

Magpie wrote:
The feted 20 goal a season L2 striker you are so certain doesn't exist, certainly does, just not at MK. Why is that do you think? do you have a coherent opinion on that or just shouty words?

It does exist at MK and he is already in the team, Mo Eisa. 23 goals the last time he played in League 2.

I can't work out if you are a WUM or not. Every single post is negative. Granted, there hasn't been too much positivity to grapple to recently, but you do seem to take negativity and pessimism to another level.

By the way, Wrexham have signed 1 player so far. It's not all about money.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:46 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
The feted 20 goal a season L2 striker you are so certain doesn't exist, certainly does, just not at MK. Why is that do you think? do you have a coherent opinion on that or just shouty words?

It does exist at MK and he is already in the team, Mo Eisa. 23 goals the last time he played in League 2.

I can't work out if you are a WUM or not. Every single post is negative. Granted, there hasn't been too much positivity to grapple to recently, but you do seem to take negativity and pessimism to another level.

and?

Am I supposed to believe all is happy clappy and things are great? I dont and I wont. You do you and I will do me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:54 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:

and?

Am I supposed to believe all is happy clappy and things are great? I dont and I wont. You do you and I will do me.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but never seem to comment on the good things, like the very decent early signings we made.

Even slagging the club off for not doing more to have a 20+ goal scoring striker, when there is already one in the club, who scored over 20 goals the last time he played in this league.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:56 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:

and?

You can have whatever opinion you want, but never seem to comment on the good things, like the very decent early signings we made.

Even slagging the club off for not doing more to have a 20+ goal scoring striker, when there is already one in the club, who scored over 20 goals the last time he played in this league.

so you mean have whatever opinion I want as long as it aligns with yours? OK, I understand now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:59 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:

and?

so you mean have whatever opinion I want as long as it aligns with yours? OK, I understand now.

No, what I mean is having whatever opinion you want but don't expect people not to challenge you on it.

I think you need to look outside of the club as well. As mentioned, Wrexham have signed the grand total of 1 player yet easily have the biggest budget in the league.

We've got multiple players, who are probably on significant wages at League 1 level, let alone League 2. O'Hora, Gilbey, Eisa, Leko, MJ Williams, Harvie, Norman, Tucker etc. To say Winkelman isn't giving enough financial support is just factually incorrect.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:04 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:

and?

No, what I mean is having whatever opinion you want but don't expect people not to challenge you on it.

I think you need to look outside of the club as well. As mentioned, Wrexham have signed the grand total of 1 player yet easily have the biggest budget in the league.

We've got multiple players, who are probably on significant wages at League 1 level, let alone League 2. O'Hora, Gilbey, Eisa, Leko, MJ Williams, Harvie, Norman, Tucker etc. To say Winkelman is giving enough financial support is just factually incorrect.

You have absolutely no idea what any of those players are paid and even less idea of how that compares to other clubs in L2. None.

PW cant have it all ways. He cant be on the pitch celebrating promotions and giving out interviews on the news when we win if somehow, miraculously its not his fault when we are shit. Its one and the same thing. I believe him to be a bullshit spouting snakeoil peddling fraud and you dont. I will get over that and you can as well, or not. i dont care a fig either way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:06 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:

and?

We've got multiple players, who are probably on significant wages at League 1 level, let alone League 2. O'Hora, Gilbey, Eisa, Leko, MJ Williams, Harvie, Norman, Tucker etc. To say Winkelman is giving enough financial support is just factually incorrect.

You have absolutely no idea what any of those players are paid and even less idea of how that compares to other clubs in L2. None.

PW cant have it all ways. He cant be on the pitch celebrating promotions and giving out interviews on the news when we win if somehow, miraculously its not his fault when we are shit. Its one and the same thing. I believe him to be a bullshit spouting snakeoil peddling fraud and you dont. I will get over that and you can as well, or not. i dont care a fig either way.

The players I have listed will be on a wage that is at the top end of League 2, no doubts about it. To think otherwise is ridiculous.

You could potentially add Robson and Smith to that list too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:12 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:

and?

He did a lengthy shit-eating interview just after relegation.

PW does have good intentions it's just his execution is poor and he often doesn't set realistic goals.

There is absolutely no way that senior mid-career pros like Norman and Gilbey are on crap wages; they are almost certainly on good contracts which wouldn't look out of place a league higher. Both are more than capable of playing that that level. Do you think they came down to lowly L2 Milton Keynes so they can use their Network Railcard on trips to London or...?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:16 pm 

[Im very sure they are on a relatively good whack. Thats just an opinion though and Im not trying to dress it up as a fact as I dont know and neither to you. but thats not the point. The club has 2 recognised strikers in Dennis and Eisa with the latter likely to be the lead striker next week plus a kid and and thats it. Leko is not a striker. Everyone and his mother knows we need at least 1 if not 2 more options. No matter what we spend on other areas of the team, its the strikers that cost and this will be the second season where we start woefully under power on that front. Just like last season. We know how that panned out

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:18 pm 

Pineapple belongs on pizza

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next