THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:40 pm 

Interesting in the latest SB notes that John Cove and Simon Crampton are taking more work on, two of PW biggest accomplices since the move!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 pm 

Magpie wrote:
[Im very sure they are on a relatively good whack. Thats just an opinion though and Im not trying to dress it up as a fact as I dont know and neither to you. but thats not the point. The club has 2 recognised strikers in Dennis and Eisa with the latter likely to be the lead striker next week plus a kid and and thats it. Leko is not a striker. Everyone and his mother knows we need at least 1 if not 2 more options. No matter what we spend on other areas of the team, its the strikers that cost and this will be the second season where we start woefully under power on that front. Just like last season. We know how that panned out

Can’t disagree with any of this. “SIGN FORWARDS” should be on the MKDSA banner for the first game.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:59 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Magpie wrote:
The feted 20 goal a season L2 striker you are so certain doesn't exist, certainly does, just not at MK. Why is that do you think? do you have a coherent opinion on that or just shouty words?

It does exist at MK and he is already in the team, Mo Eisa. 23 goals the last time he played in League 2.

I can't work out if you are a WUM or not. Every single post is negative. Granted, there hasn't been too much positivity to grapple to recently, but you do seem to take negativity and pessimism to another level.

By the way, Wrexham have signed 1 player so far. It's not all about money.

Agree on Eisa, and don't share the hate some seem to have on here for him. But I really worry that the system GA wants to play won't suit Eisa - crosses into the box rather than threaded balls through from midfield.

On other clubs and signings - it does seem very quiet overall. I regularly check the BBC League Two page and there is very little happening - including PL loans etc. I haven't seen many transfers in L2 that feel like they were within our reach and that I am especially envious of.

On PW - I am glad he doesn't jeopardise the club by over-spending and risking it all as we have seen other club owners do. But at the same time, I am sick of his lies, no matter how well intentioned they may be. If we don't have the funds, don't record a video promising the earth. I know he can't come out and say "aiming for mid-table" but just be smarter and manage expectations. Or don't say anything.

Its clumsy at best. Delusion, attention-seeking amd blatent lies at worst. And its hugely affecting his credibility - in my opinion.