THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:19 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
My understanding is 3700 sold, which is down a fair bit.

Wow - thats terrible. But fully deserved by the club - they really cannot argue given everything on and off the pitch over the past 12 months.

I wonder if that is one reason PW has reneged on his latest video pledge to go "all out" in the market for promotion this season?

Let's be honest. Unless you're going to go to every home game. It's not like you're not going to be able to get a ticket for any league games,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:32 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
My understanding is 3700 sold, which is down a fair bit.

Wow - thats terrible. But fully deserved by the club - they really cannot argue given everything on and off the pitch over the past 12 months.

I wonder if that is one reason PW has reneged on his latest video pledge to go "all out" in the market for promotion this season?

Let's be honest. Unless you're going to go to every home game. It's not like you're not going to be able to get a ticket for any league games,

Yeah, thats the approach I have opted for. Will be there for Tranmere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:01 pm 

This season is going to be a ball ache.

PW said we're going all out for promotion and he hired GA as the man to make that happen. GA is reversing from that, quicker than an Italian general in WW2. We've got 50% of a decent squad and so probably won't be relegated. Kingston might finish higher than us. The "atmosphere" will be the worst in years. The "fan experience" will be awful.

I'll still turn up but mainly to bore my friends and to make them buy me beer. I doubt I'll sing. I won't boo but that's because I'm not a Ladybit. But it'll be shit.

Choo choo!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:07 pm 

I’ve never seen you so down about the Dons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:09 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I’ve never seen you so down about the Dons

I never have been. And I've been a "customer" since 2005. I've seen plenty of shit seasons. But this one smells bad...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:11 pm 

As the season nears I am struggling to think of a season where I have had less expectation. I firmly believe we will finish anywhere from 8-12, there are some well funded teams in this division and some teams who are used to being at the upper end.

Realistically it looks as though some of the worst teams in the division are those that came down with us. On the basis that Wrexham Notts County and Stockport or Salford go up the season after may be a better opportunity.

A sad reflection on our current situation/squad anything above 8th will be a good achievement

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:42 pm 
Thing is, beat Wrexham and everyone will suddenly be optimistic.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:00 pm 

Filth wrote:
Thing is, beat Wrexham and everyone will suddenly be optimistic.

Lol at beating Wrexham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:03 pm 

Yeah, I feel the pessimism is a little unjustified if I am honest.

The squad might not be strong yet, but the starting 11 certainly is.

MacGillvary, O'Hora, Harvie, Gilbey, MJ Williams, Leko, and Eisa are all easily League 1 level. These players walk into almost every League 2 team.

From what I've heard, Norman is too. Tucker proved at times he was and so did Devoy. 10 out of the current starting 11 are if capable or strong players in League 1.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 pm 

Looking at some of the comments relating to Wrexham they are allegedly slow starters!

If we win our first 23 games on the bounce I’d still be worried after last season!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next