It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:59 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Scribble wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Gers wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Something absolutely mad has to happen to a club for it to fall out of the League entirely; there are only two relegation spots so you have to be really bobbins (or get a mega point deduction) to get shunted off to the National League.

Or be run in the manner we are.

We are a weird club but we are not anything like relegation contenders for L2, that is reserved for clubs who have effectively committed footballing seppuku. The big problem will be getting out of the league this season; it's inflated in quality at the top end while L1 is actually shite compared to last year (and it is very annoying we aren't there).

Oh, we’re weird alright, I mean the club have spent most of the close season focusing on car parking, rather than trying to shift half a dozen players who can’t cut the mustard

They can only be sold if some club wants to buy them. Surely you know how commerce works.

With the parking fines at the level they are, it would be more economical to use Matt Smith as a parking attendant than on the bench tbf.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:58 am 

paul4040 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Scribble wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Gers wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Something absolutely mad has to happen to a club for it to fall out of the League entirely; there are only two relegation spots so you have to be really bobbins (or get a mega point deduction) to get shunted off to the National League.

We are a weird club but we are not anything like relegation contenders for L2, that is reserved for clubs who have effectively committed footballing seppuku. The big problem will be getting out of the league this season; it's inflated in quality at the top end while L1 is actually shite compared to last year (and it is very annoying we aren't there).

Oh, we’re weird alright, I mean the club have spent most of the close season focusing on car parking, rather than trying to shift half a dozen players who can’t cut the mustard

They can only be sold if some club wants to buy them. Surely you know how commerce works.

With the parking fines at the level they are, it would be more economical to use Matt Smith as a parking attendant than on the bench tbf.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:26 am 
paul4040 wrote:

:lol:

All I can imagine now is Matt Smith wearing a hi-viz bib and carrying a clipboard, talking to a documentary crew about how his career has gone off-track lately, occasionally interrupting to timidly speak to a motorist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:27 am 

paul4040 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Scribble wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Gers wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

He'd mess it up. Too much responsibility.