THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Parking
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:52 am 

Called in to pick up my season ticket this morning.
Dutifully downloaded the parking app and paid for an hour.
Supposed to be £1 but I was debited £1-30 . Bad start then I get in the ticket office and it says on a sign put this code in to pick tickets up for free. Put the bloody sign outside where people can see it and don't piss people off by charging something on top for parking.
What the he'll is happening with this money grubbing club.

Post subject: Re: Parking
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:02 am 

Must say the parking situation on the whole complex is a joke.

Paid £4 last week for the cinema - get to the door of the cinema and see a map of the complex which highlights cinema parking as free, but nothing around the car parks to suggest I didn't have to pay there, just numerous blue signs saying you must pay...

Winkelbot and friends, you've outdone yourself.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:52 am 

I read ths article on the website which seems to say that parking charges are only applicable when "Events are on at the Stadium". How do you know.
Also on match days if you park in a "reserved car park" you will be fined even if you have paid.
This seems a bit like the parking scam at Willian lake which used to be pay on exit and they changed to pay on arrival and I got stung.
Why would you on a camera system not charge for the correct time used, except to catch people out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:06 pm 

And the bleeding buses don't run on time anymore, and what about the weather - don't get me started on that!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:02 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Must say the parking situation on the whole complex is a joke.

Paid £4 last week for the cinema - get to the door of the cinema and see a map of the complex which highlights cinema parking as free, but nothing around the car parks to suggest I didn't have to pay there, just numerous blue signs saying you must pay...

Winkelbot and friends, you've outdone yourself.

As far as I was aware it was more for around the outside of the arena ? I've had to give my car reg to them for the games im working.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:00 pm 

We have to pay now if we park outside the Box Office??
Never done that before.
FFS really?
If so nads to 'em; they can send me the f- tickets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:01 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
We have to pay now if we park outside the Box Office??
Never done that before.
FFS really?

This. It's a shithouse move by the club.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:04 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
As far as I was aware it was more for around the outside of the arena ? I've had to give my car reg to them for the games im working.

It's a bit more than just around the arena. See the map:
https://www.mk1parking.com/how-to-park

You do not have to pay to visit the club shop or box office as long as you enter your car registration in the device provided in the box office.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:09 pm 

I went to the box office today but they were closed when I got there just after 4 ( I'm retired but it makes no sense to be open only when most people will be working surely). I was aware that I could put my details into the kiosk to avoid charges but couldn't as the box office was shut. So I paid a pound for an hours parking just in case. I looked at the signage as there's a huge list of conditions about when you have to pay , all in small type... With that sort of thing and a minimum £8 to park for a friendly, it makes you think that The club really is doing its best to Piss people off so it doesn't have to bother with us supporters at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:10 pm 

Digger wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

You do not have to pay to visit the club shop or box office as long as you enter your car registration in the device provided in the box office.

But is that sign-posted outside Digger? If it is, the OP obviously didn't see it. It's no use if the external signs say pay to park and it's not until you get in to the ticket office that you find out you can enter your reg number to avoid paying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next