THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parking
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:54 am 

donmentor wrote:
Digger wrote:
Digger wrote:
I'd assume that the pickup/drop off point at Gate 4 will still exist but I can get that confirmed for you.

OK

If you check the Away Fans Guide: https://www.mkdons.com/siteassets/image/fans/past/013_away-fans-guide_v6.pdf you'll see that "Drop-off and pick-up is permitted at Gates 4 and 7 as well as outside the hotel reception, although collection outside the hotel will be limited post-match to allow for egress of pedestrians and the visiting team coach."

As always, but does that still apply ? Thanks for trying to clarify it all for us.

That is this seasons guide and so it still applies.

Franky all that's changed is if you visit the shop/box office you need to enter your reg. number in the device. Matchdays were always charged and this doesn't alter. The changes really affect non matchdays where people were using the car parks for free.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:13 am 

Digger wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Question…….will you be charged for parking at the stadium if catching the supporters coach ?

Answer = No.

To get free parking you need to enter your registration number into the MKDSA app and park in the car park that has been assigned for away travel (you will be informed which one).

The MKDSA team can give you better details but I know that is the agreement between the club and the MKDSA.

Ah, so I need an app to use the new SA travel service? I didn't realise that. Noted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:15 am 

Digger wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Question…….will you be charged for parking at the stadium if catching the supporters coach ?

Answer = No.

To get free parking you need to enter your registration number into the MKDSA app and park in the car park that has been assigned for away travel (you will be informed which one).

The MKDSA team can give you better details but I know that is the agreement between the club and the MKDSA.

Away supporters will be allocated a designated zone to park on the day of away matches , this area will be in S2A .
Away fans who park in this area will be exempt from any parking charges.
The MKDSA have a complete list of all car registration numbers that are scheduled to park in this area and fans provided these details when they booked their travel from the MKDSA Away Travel Club.
If you park in any other area than this you will likely be liable for charges.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 am 

Digger wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
So, in short, can I pop in tomorrow at lunchtime, park outside the Office pick up my STs, put my number plate into a machine (as I do at the doctors) and I won't get fined?

100% correct.

To give another perspective putting parking charges in place allows the Stadium MK Group to gain extra revenue for parking from those hiring the arena, shop workers who were parking in the car park all day for free, shoppers who parked there to avoid the time restraints at the dedicated shop parking, lorries that parked there all night for free etc., etc.. I know that the club were unaware but Bolton wanders started doing the same thing last year and generated over £200k. In the scheme of things punching your reg number into a machine when you visit the club shop isn't much of an ask if the club can generate that sort of additional income.

Most helpful. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:39 am 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Digger wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Answer = No.

Away supporters will be allocated a designated zone to park on the day of away matches , this area will be in S2A .
The MKDSA have a complete list of all car registration numbers that are scheduled to park in this area and fans provided these details when they booked their travel from the MKDSA Away Travel Club.

Forgot to add , if you plan to use a different vehicle on the day , then please inform the MKDSA Away Travel Club.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:37 am 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Digger wrote:
WellDon wrote:

Answer = No.

Forgot to add , if you plan to use a different vehicle on the day , then please inform the MKDSA Away Travel Club.

:lol: good grief.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:46 am 

Does that mean you'll have to pay to park to attend the Fans Forum?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:22 pm 

Can anyone suggest a decent road to park up in for free tonight? It’s years since I’ve had to worry about it with my seasonal pass…

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:37 pm 

AMKD wrote:
Can anyone suggest a decent road to park up in for free tonight? It’s years since I’ve had to worry about it with my seasonal pass…

Depends how early you get there, and whether Cov fans know about it, but Peverel Drive up by the mosque usually has spaces on a match day less than an hour before kickoff. I walk past it usually 45 mins before kick off and it is rarely completely full.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:50 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
AMKD wrote:

Depends how early you get there, and whether Cov fans know about it, but Peverel Drive up by the mosque usually has spaces on a match day less than an hour before kickoff. I walk past it usually 45 mins before kick off and it is rarely completely full.

Thanks Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next