THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wrexham
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:46 am 

All in all it will be a dreadful day, happy smiley Dons fans travelling up in the morning, all full of expectation (some no doubt hoping to see Deadpool and the other guy), it will probably be quite pleasant up until 14:30.

Close to kick off the full American circus act will kick in and our beloved wimps will be faced with a sell out crowd 50% of drunk Welshmen and 50% of strange tourist hand clappers and will instantly melt. 4-0 and an embarrassing re-run to look forward too on the Disney channel.

Respect to those going that believe, I took up the option of a friendly for my lad's U6 team in Leagrave Park Luton to escape the slightest temptation to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:53 am 

Norwood signed by Wrexham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:05 pm 

BarryR wrote:

Thats not been confirmed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:16 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
BarryR wrote:

Noooooo. :o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:09 pm 
East Wing Don wrote:
BarryR wrote:

Yeah it's just rumours, no sources saying its a done deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:45 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Leagrave Park Luton

Wear your stab vest. Mothercare sell "My lil' stab vest" for your lad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:03 pm 

Norwood - Stop that pigeon now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RhHHT5moMI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:11 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Red Adair wrote:
Wrexham fan, here for a nose.
Looking forward to our first game back in the EFL.
Should be a great day.
For all you fans travelling up, any questions, I’m happy to advise. Hotels, pubs, restaurants, pretty much anything that might make your trip that little bit better.

Driving down with someone who has trouble walking, what are the chances of being parked as near the ground as possible (were happy to leave early), failing that, what are the chances of driving close to the away end to even drop off as we've done at other grounds? Suspecting as it'll be busy and quite a carnival atmosphere this'll be tough, but better to ask and get answers even if they're not the ones we want 8-)

Also, pubs. Every time I've seen pubs mentioned I've seen "there are away friendly pubs nearby" but no actual names and distances applied... the aforementioned hard of walking doesn't apply here, he's happy to go in the ground early and leave us alcoholics* to our Hooch.

*by alcoholics, I mean me. Not the driver. I hope.

Whatever I think of the whole thing being a bit of a circus, I'm insanely jealous. Whether you're a flavour of the month or not, someone has to be and you've gotta be loving it. Though I've seen a few of your fans on the forums quite cheesed off with tickets among a few other things.

Hi Alby. You’re in luck. The University car park backs onto the stadium. and in particular the away turnstiles. Literally yards away.
The town centre pubs are indeed friendly but the Plas Coch pub is a good bet. Huge beer garden and no more than a 3 minute walk thru the University grounds. Forget the Turf pub, it is friendly enough but will be rammed from opening time. The Maesgwyn is another popular pre match drinking place. Across the road from the stadium it gets busy, away fans most welcome with outside bars and a dj pumping indie tunes.

A quick google maps will give you your bearings but the Plas Coch pub and Maesgwyn are your best bets.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:22 am 

Red Adair wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Red Adair wrote:
Wrexham fan, here for a nose.
Looking forward to our first game back in the EFL.
Should be a great day.
For all you fans travelling up, any questions, I’m happy to advise. Hotels, pubs, restaurants, pretty much anything that might make your trip that little bit better.

Driving down with someone who has trouble walking, what are the chances of being parked as near the ground as possible (were happy to leave early), failing that, what are the chances of driving close to the away end to even drop off as we've done at other grounds? Suspecting as it'll be busy and quite a carnival atmosphere this'll be tough, but better to ask and get answers even if they're not the ones we want 8-)

Also, pubs. Every time I've seen pubs mentioned I've seen "there are away friendly pubs nearby" but no actual names and distances applied... the aforementioned hard of walking doesn't apply here, he's happy to go in the ground early and leave us alcoholics* to our Hooch.

*by alcoholics, I mean me. Not the driver. I hope.

Whatever I think of the whole thing being a bit of a circus, I'm insanely jealous. Whether you're a flavour of the month or not, someone has to be and you've gotta be loving it. Though I've seen a few of your fans on the forums quite cheesed off with tickets among a few other things.

Hi Alby. You’re in luck. The University car park backs onto the stadium. and in particular the away turnstiles. Literally yards away.
The town centre pubs are indeed friendly but the Plas Coch pub is a good bet. Huge beer garden and no more than a 3 minute walk thru the University grounds. Forget the Turf pub, it is friendly enough but will be rammed from opening time. The Maesgwyn is another popular pre match drinking place. Across the road from the stadium it gets busy, away fans most welcome with outside bars and a dj pumping indie tunes.

A quick google maps will give you your bearings but the Plas Coch pub and Maesgwyn are your best bets.

Top man, informative and to the point, cheers. Be sure to come back in December ahead of the early Jan fixture and we'll return the favour :D

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:45 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Top man, informative and to the point, cheers. Be sure to come back in December ahead of the early Jan fixture and we'll return the favour :D

What with? We haven't got any decent matchday pubs. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next