THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wrexham
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:26 am 

Oh Dear
Never mind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:38 am 
East Wing Don wrote:
Paul Mullin suffered a punctured lung in their friendly last night, so suspect he’ll be out for the game.

Broken ribs too. 6-8 weeks out apparently.

Their forum already talking about "splashing the cash" and "we need a top replacement if we're going for the title" etc, when they already have other goalscorers in their squad (Dalby, Palmer, Waters etc).

This is the mentality we need. We already needed another striker and attacking players, but if Eisa gets injured or leaves we're going to need two "quality" strikers and there's only so many about, potentially one less now if Wrexham buy one. You snooze you lose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:48 am 

Filth wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Paul Mullin suffered a punctured lung in their friendly last night, so suspect he’ll be out for the game.

Their forum already talking about "splashing the cash" and "we need a top replacement if we're going for the title" etc, when they already have other goalscorers in their squad (Dalby, Palmer, Waters etc).

This is the mentality we need. We already needed another striker and attacking players, but if Eisa gets injured or leaves we're going to need two "quality" strikers and there's only so many about, potentially one less now if Wrexham buy one. You snooze you lose.

I doubt we'll be going for the same targets as Wrexham anyway. Even before the Mullin injury there was talk of them signing James Norwood, for example, who would be way out of our reach financially.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:59 am 

Filth wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

What they want and what they get are two very different things. There must be a reason they have only got one player in so far all summer maybe it's just they thought they didn't need anyone, but maybe its cause they are sailing close to FFP something which they didn't have to worry about in the National League. It's going to be a push to get anyone in before our game as they are still on their jollies in America and don't fly back till Sunday at the earliest. Whilst the injury sounds nasty its funny it is Mullen who is injured. The poster boy of Hollywood FC. I am guessing all the tabloid hacks that give themselves friction burns on their dicks over Wrexham will have to re-write all their headlines now as you know he would have scored against us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:44 am 

I've seen somewhere reports of lots of people trying to sell on tickets for this game (think it was on FB?)

Now call me an old cynic, but what about this:

Wrexham were/are in America playing a couple of matches.
A bunch of Americans go on to buy tickets, and the Wrexham page isn't blindingly clear that the match against us is back in Blighty.
Because of the small ground, and the lack of understanding of home and away divisions, they buy tickets in the Dons end.
They then find out, and are now trying to sell said tickets on....

So match is a sell out because lots of our American cousins bought tickets by accident. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:23 am 

Steampunk Don wrote:
I've seen somewhere reports of lots of people trying to sell on tickets for this game (think it was on FB?)

Now call me an old cynic, but what about this:

Wrexham were/are in America playing a couple of matches.
A bunch of Americans go on to buy tickets, and the Wrexham page isn't blindingly clear that the match against us is back in Blighty.
Because of the small ground, and the lack of understanding of home and away divisions, they buy tickets in the Dons end.
They then find out, and are now trying to sell said tickets on....

So match is a sell out because lots of our American cousins bought tickets by accident. :lol:

Wrexham only allocate 75 tickets per game to overseas members. It isn't possible for them to buy in the away end.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:28 am 

Steampunk Don wrote:

Did any of our allocation even make it to general sale?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:29 am 
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Steampunk Don wrote:

nope

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:38 am 

Filth wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Steampunk Don wrote:

nope

Didn't think so. I think we can write this off as normal Facebook-grade mouth-breathing wibble.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:46 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Filth wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Steampunk Don wrote:

nope

Didn't think so. I think we can write this off as normal Facebook-grade mouth-breathing wibble.

Yeehaw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next