THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fair Game Index
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:24 pm 

I'm shit at posting images so if someone can do the honours in a post below that would be lovely

https://twitter.com/FairGameUK/status/1 ... 64160?s=20

But we were ranked 8th in League One in a Fair Game index last season. Now what that means or how well respected it who knows, but AFC are milking that they came first. Apparently it is a 'value driven' index to show how well run a club is. Obviously we got relegated and it doesn't consider performance so take it as a pinch of salt.

Ranked 4th for 'Financial Sustainability' and 5th for 'Governance', but low on 'Equality' and 'Fan Engagement'.

Whilst I'd agree on Financial Sustainability and Fan Engagement I'm not quite sure what Governance and Equality really mean

Still an interesting table for those bored to look at.

Post subject: Re: Fair Game Index
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:26 pm 

Here:
Attachment:
F1OceuBWwAEVHtD.png
F1OceuBWwAEVHtD.png [ 108.1 KiB | Viewed 745 times ]

Wouldn't governance relate to how well the club is run? Equality I can only guess relates to who we employ?

I'm surprised Morecambe are higher than us, given the shit state they're in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:00 pm 
East Wing Don wrote:
Here:
Attachment:
F1OceuBWwAEVHtD.png

Wouldn't governance relate to how well the club is run? Equality I can only guess relates to who we employ?

I'm surprised Morecambe are higher than us, given the shit state they're in.

Equality I can only guess looks at how racially diverse employees are, how many disabled employees and how they're accomodated, whether we can accomodate different faiths (e.g. prayer rooms) and anything like that.

I'm actually quite glad we scored low in fan engagement - just further backs how poor the club have been in that area, particularly last season.

Governance I'm not sure - no club seemed to score highly in that area.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:21 pm 

I do wonder how impartial this is bearing in mind who the CEO is and that there are 3 other AFCW supporters involved...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:54 pm 

WUP shows their feelings on this and their situation...
Quote:
When is this Fair Game bullshit going to stop. I find it quite embarrassing that we either keep topping these polls or are near the top of them, especially with Couperman involved. It makes it look like it is fixed and I think Fair Fame need to dig a bit deeper before handing out these meaningless 'awards

Quote:
The Club scored particularly highly for Fan Engagement". An embarrassing statement to make

Quote:
Surprised the bond repayment paper didn't mention Fair Game.

Quote:
Any measure of “financial stability” which ignores the fact that we have a large debt due in the near term and no clear plan for repaying it isn’t really a very meaningful measure. The whole “fair game” thing is just an ego-stroking exercise for those involved so no wonder that we miraculously get ranked top by them.

Quote:
Have Fair Game published how they measure Financial Stability? You could probably concoct methods by which we come top or close to the bottom. As a side question do we know about Fair Game's financial stability? Who is paying Niall's salary?

Quote:
'Top' for Financial Stability in L2 when the DTB are running around like headless chickens looking at how we can pay back bonds due in 2025 - I'd laugh if I wasn't crying

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:51 pm 

Digger wrote:
I do wonder how impartial this is bearing in mind who the CEO is and that there are 3 other AFCW supporters involved...

Just took a look - I'm surprised how many people are involved! I counted 4 affiliated to AFC and 2 to Luton.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:14 am 

Quote:
'Top' for Financial Stability in L2 when the DTB are running around like headless chickens looking at how we can pay back bonds due in 2025 - I'd laugh if I wasn't crying

So sorry to read that.
With such a decent club so high up the FGI I imagine the many thousands of fans who are so 'true to their club' won't desert them in their hour of need.
Such a thing would never happen.