THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dele
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:50 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Or Sam Gallagher when he was here.

Thays an important one. I found out about his situation when I was on my ban and it was quite sad looking back at how I'd shouted when he was going through that.

It must be said though, that commenting on a footballers ability purely through the lense of a footballing aspect - is okay. Even at the game. It's when it crosses into a personal divide is when it goes too far.
I've said some things about Dele, and a lot I take back but a lot I stand by. Stuff about how his careers gone off track maybe because he's got too content I can take back a bit. But other stuff such as the Mourinho thing I still hold into because it's football reasons. He was injured and was on his way down before JM walked in - he can't be to blame for the situation. And I think Dele had a chance to pass the buck and he didn't. Sounds as if he had no problem with him at all.

Yes, you’re right. Dele says that he doesn’t blame Mourinho at all and that he apologised to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:50 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Thays an important one. I found out about his situation when I was on my ban and it was quite sad looking back at how I'd shouted when he was going through that.

I feel like I've missed something here?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:06 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

I feel like I've missed something here?

I don't recall exactly but think it was something like he lost his father during the period of his loan? Was it that?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:07 pm 

I might be wrong on specifics and it's difficult to speculate but I believe he'd lost his dad in the past year before the loan to us, and was struggling with it. Everyone deals with grief differently, especially their parents and he was a young lad

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:44 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

It must be said though, that commenting on a footballers ability purely through the lense of a footballing aspect - is okay. Even at the game. It's when it crosses into a personal divide is when it goes too far.
I've said some things about Dele, and a lot I take back but a lot I stand by. Stuff about how his careers gone off track maybe because he's got too content I can take back a bit. But other stuff such as the Mourinho thing I still hold into because it's football reasons. He was injured and was on his way down before JM walked in - he can't be to blame for the situation. And I think Dele had a chance to pass the buck and he didn't. Sounds as if he had no problem with him at all.

In fairness to Dele he said on multiple occasions in the interview that he doesn't blame others for the decisions he then took. It was more laying out the factors that affected him. I thought it was a very significant interview in terms of the content, the issues it raised and how both participants handled it. Devastating to hear what Dele went through and it explains a lot about what went wrong in the last few years.

But as others have mentioned I heard someone who had worked hard to face their demons and was in a good place as a result. If that can flow through to his football it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

I for one have everything crossed for him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:56 pm 

Very brave move from Dele my heart goes out to him. hope he plays big time football again soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 pm 

Brilliant interview with him on Sky Sports right now. At least a good 20+ minutes about his time with us.

Really interesting to here about how he broke into the first time, his "arrogance" and how importance that was for his success.

After his volley against Coventry, he met up with Brendan Rogers about a move to Liverpool, but obviously ended up a Spurs. Spoke about how much he enjoyed it here and how keen he was to return on loan to help us get promoted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:18 pm 

Really, really good watch that.

I just hope he can get himself playing regular football again soon. Great to hear him say he's aiming for the World Cup I'm 2026. Others will think it's mad, given how the last couple of years have gone for him, but I genuinely believe he's capable. The decision over what club he's at next season is a massive one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:50 pm 

Sorry, he won't have much choice over where he ends up next. I hope he stays at Everton and kicks on, especially if they go down and he can possibly get a starting place, but he's got 4-5 years of being stuck in no man's land for many reasons and it'll take more than a run of form to get back to where he was as an England player. If Barkley didn't get in the last squad, he probably won't get in again and unfortunately Dele is a million miles away from that.

The ambition is nice, but if we're (going off the last intnl games( not seeing Eze, Palmer, Toney, Barkley and about 20 others ahead of Dele who hasn't kicked a ball in over a year, and a ball in this country for nearly 2, then I'm afraid to say international football is all but over for him.

He won't have many suitors let alone top level suitors needed to get even a look in

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:13 am 

Dele isn't get back into the England squad. He's so far off it and there are so many guys ahead of him it's ridiculous.

His best bet is to move to a Championship club and rebuild for a season, then see if he can get a place at a lower-mid PL club. He isn't ever getting back to the level he was once at.

I feel sorry for him and wish him the best, but let's be realistic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next