THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dele
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:53 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Get that man to Selhurst Park, ino.

Playing under Roy in that PAlace team will really reignite his game and put a smile on his face again.

Really good shout this, and something that hadn't crossed my mind.

From what it sounds like in his interview, he's pretty happy with the way Everton have treated him and seems to have a decent relationship with Dyche. Although on paper I wouldn't say Dyche's style is a perfect match for Dele, but I still think there's every chance he stays and gets an opportunity there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:21 am 

Alby39 wrote:

Playing under Roy in that PAlace team will really reignite his game and put a smile on his face again.

It sounds like Dyche has been really supportive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:16 am 

voxish wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Wow. That was a tough watch.

The most important thing is that he's on the road to recovery, and it's incredibly brave of him to come and out and tell his story. He will have earned nothing but respect from the world of football for doing that.

I always liked to think that we, as Dons fans, knew Dele from the very start, but it really hits home how much he went through before he even broke into our first team. It's a remarkable story in itself that he came through such a difficult upbringing and gone on to achieve what he has.

He came across as very articulate and humble. It was a hard to watch at times - "...hung from a bridge at 12" wait, what!? I don't think they mentioned MK Dons or Karl once which I found rather surprising but it was a great interview.

Can you imaging us drawing Everton in the cup? :)

I don't think it is at all surprising; he explained that once he was with the Hickfords he was just being the best kid he could because he realised how lucky he was and didn't want to spoil it, he hid what had happened from everyone so Karl, the club and his team mates would have had no idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:16 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
voxish wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Wow. That was a tough watch.

The most important thing is that he's on the road to recovery, and it's incredibly brave of him to come and out and tell his story. He will have earned nothing but respect from the world of football for doing that.

I always liked to think that we, as Dons fans, knew Dele from the very start, but it really hits home how much he went through before he even broke into our first team. It's a remarkable story in itself that he came through such a difficult upbringing and gone on to achieve what he has.

He came across as very articulate and humble. It was a hard to watch at times - "...hung from a bridge at 12" wait, what!? I don't think they mentioned MK Dons or Karl once which I found rather surprising but it was a great interview.

Can you imaging us drawing Everton in the cup? :)

I don't think it is at all surprising; he explained that once he was with the Hickfords he was just being the best kid he could because he realised how lucky he was and didn't want to spoil it, he hid what had happened from everyone so Karl, the club and his team mates would have had no idea.

That was my take on it too.

I'm not sure he will play for Everton again. I think he will go on loan somewhere, Palace is a good shout, or a good Championship team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:25 am 

dons50 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

It's not about Everton not being supportive. Sounds as if he's had a real good club there actually being helpful and understanding, which regardless of your job is wonderful for an employer. I've just left a job I was in for 8 years because largely how it affected my mental state, so seeing someone at a place he was in for about 6 months before his loan be supportive and a boss he's barely spent a day with is something I admire.

It's more the fact that I know Everton's situation quite well, I know an Everton fan and follow a lot of their social channels. It's been a horrific club to be a part of for a good few years including players being chased down the road after defeats, booed off, abused online etc. I'm sure he doesn't shirk away from those kinds of environments but Palace seems a very happy place to be. Look what Hodgasaurus has done to reignite Eze's career for example

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:10 am 

Alby39 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

It's not about Everton not being supportive. Sounds as if he's had a real good club there actually being helpful and understanding, which regardless of your job is wonderful for an employer. I've just left a job I was in for 8 years because largely how it affected my mental state, so seeing someone at a place he was in for about 6 months before his loan be supportive and a boss he's barely spent a day with is something I admire.

It's more the fact that I know Everton's situation quite well, I know an Everton fan and follow a lot of their social channels. It's been a horrific club to be a part of for a good few years including players being chased down the road after defeats, booed off, abused online etc. I'm sure he doesn't shirk away from those kinds of environments but Palace seems a very happy place to be. Look what Hodgasaurus has done to reignite Eze's career for example

The fan element is a good point. I hope they’re good to him, but you never know.

It makes you realise that, as fans, we have no idea what a player (or manager) is going through when we scream criticism at them. They’re human beings, not our playthings.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:13 am 

There’s also a financial aspect for Everton. They would have to pay Spurs £10m if he plays a further 7 games for them - that’s well over £1m per game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:45 am 

dons50 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

The fan element is a good point. I hope they’re good to him, but you never know.

It makes you realise that, as fans, we have no idea what a player (or manager) is going through when we scream criticism at them. They’re human beings, not our playthings.

Yes, especially when the player is clearly "not shit" but perhaps "things aren't working out here".

Look at a player like Matt Smith. He is clearly not a shit player; he went to the World Cup! But it hasn't worked out here, for a few footballing reasons we might be able to guess, or perhaps for some personal reasons we simply don't know about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:03 am 

Or Sam Gallagher when he was here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:46 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Or Sam Gallagher when he was here.

Thays an important one. I found out about his situation when I was on my ban and it was quite sad looking back at how I'd shouted when he was going through that.

It must be said though, that commenting on a footballers ability purely through the lense of a footballing aspect - is okay. Even at the game. It's when it crosses into a personal divide is when it goes too far.
I've said some things about Dele, and a lot I take back but a lot I stand by. Stuff about how his careers gone off track maybe because he's got too content I can take back a bit. But other stuff such as the Mourinho thing I still hold into because it's football reasons. He was injured and was on his way down before JM walked in - he can't be to blame for the situation. And I think Dele had a chance to pass the buck and he didn't. Sounds as if he had no problem with him at all.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next