THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Callum Read
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:42 am 

Disappointing to read that Callum is no longer with the club. Along with Antoni he was instrumental in rebuilding the fan relationship with the club as well as producing great social media content over the past few years and based on the reaction of former/current players he was a hugely popular figure

Seems like a victim of the inevitable L2 cost cutting.

Post subject: Re: Callum Read
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:08 am 

Top guy, and never lost touch with the fans on a personal basis.
He'll get another great role somewhere. Such a disappointing situation.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:55 am 

Went to school with him, hope he finds another role and I guess this is the cost of relegation!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:06 pm 

Callum was always extremely personable whenever I was able to have a chat with him, and his work in the media team especially was excellent and really brought the fans through some tougher times. I know he read this site as well and he was always there to correct some wrong post or to defend the club from an inside perspective. He'll certainly be missed from within the club hierarchy.

Though you didn't send me a worn Will Grigg 20/21 squad jacket Callum and I'm still annoyed at that :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:09 pm 
cornerdon26 wrote:
Disappointing to read that Callum is no longer with the club. Along with Antoni he was instrumental in rebuilding the fan relationship with the club as well as producing great social media content over the past few years and based on the reaction of former/current players he was a hugely popular figure

Seems like a victim of the inevitable L2 cost cutting.

I thought he was doing less of the media stuff recently and was acting as Player Liaison Officer (or something like that).

Agree though, shame, he definitely contributed a lot during his time here. Wish him all the best.

I know it's not nice for anybody to be made redundant regardless of role, but you'd think they'd have found a way to keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:14 pm 

Really disappointing to hear this, he was great at what he did and i don`t expect he was on a massive salary, so to cull Callum seems a bit harsh to me, but the bean counters have swung the axe regardless.

Hope he gets an offer from somewhere, fully deserves to be in that type of role

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:32 pm 

I don't know whose budget it comes out of, but if its the budget for the back room team, perhaps GA wanted it spent elsewhere and didn't see the value in a player liaison officer?

Didn't know Callum, but from what others are saying sounds like he won't have an issue getting a new role. A lot of the time a redundancy is a blessing in disguise, so hopefully that is the case for him too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:17 am 

Terrible news. Dreadful. But inevitable given the cost cutting that regulation brings. Just ask Runyak.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:22 am 

Yeh, and Callum will be fine. He's a top lad. Not very happy about the way it was done though.

We're now looking at one person doing the jobs that three people were doing a couple of years ago.

He's not the only one. Just when you thought staff couldn't be cut any further, they've gone and done it.

It's going to be interesting, especially with the Box Office and shop. If you thought it was understaffed for the last couple of seasons, then set even lower expectations.

And please, bear this in mind when your ticket doesn't turn up, or your email doesn't get answered for days or the phone doesn't get answered when you call.

It's not their fault. Those who are at fault still have jobs but you won't see them working in the Box Office.