THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fixtures
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:23 pm 

Not great in terms of maximising revenue with Bradford (one of the fe teams I'd expect to normally bring 3,000) being on a Tuesday night and Wrexham (the other one who'd bring decent away support) being FA Cup 3rd round weekend and probably moved to a midweek

As for the suggestion that Wrexham (A) will be a TV game. I think that ship has sailed due to the already announced Championship games and the fact that this IS NOT their first league game. That's the reason why AFC and Salford got picked all those years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:25 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Not great in terms of maximising revenue with Bradford (one of the fe teams I'd expect to normally bring 3,000) being on a Tuesday night and Wrexham (the other one who'd bring decent away support) being FA Cup 3rd round weekend and probably moved to a midweek

As for the suggestion that Wrexham (A) will be a TV game. I think that ship has sailed due to the already announced Championship games and the fact that this IS NOT their first league game. That's the reason why AFC and Salford got picked all those years ago.

I agree. I've just had another look at the fixtures and Wrexham are at home against Doncaster on the September international weekend - I reckon there's a good chance that will be televised.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:26 pm 

Filth wrote:
Also think that Wrexham game will be moved for TV. There are a couple of slots they could fill that don't have any live games on Sky or BT (soon to be TNT Sport) -

Saturday 12.30pm (most likely as no Prem game on)
Saturday 7.45pm
Sunday 12.00pm
Monday 7.45pm

Sat lunchtime looks nailed on if they do pick it.

Why would it be shown before most Yanks have woken up?

Lets face it, it was to be moved for TV coverage, it would be to a teatime or evening slot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:29 pm 

Camdenite wrote:

Wouldn't make a difference, surely? Sky wouldn't be getting any more viewers or revenue from the game being shown in the US or not, would they?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:33 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

Wouldn't make a difference, surely? Sky wouldn't be getting any more viewers or revenue from the game being shown in the US or not, would they?

I agree, although with Sky owning the contract, I believe they sell it on to international broadcasters.

I don't think this would stop them moving it to 12pm on a Saturday though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:34 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I agree, although with Sky owning the contract, I believe they sell it on to international broadcasters.

Ah, fair point. I guess an evening Wrexham game would be more appealing to ESPN674, then!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:25 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

So how does it work with Ifollow? Sky could put weekday games on their website or red button like they did or do with the Championship. Does that mean the EFL who I believe created Ifollow sell to sky then buy back the rights? That is a very confusing way of doing business or is it just Sky buy the rights to show games certain days like international weekends/ Easter etc. I am just curious how it works.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:10 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Camdenite wrote:

So how does it work with Ifollow? Sky could put weekday games on their website or red button like they did or do with the Championship. Does that mean the EFL who I believe created Ifollow sell to sky then buy back the rights? That is a very confusing way of doing business or is it just Sky buy the rights to show games certain days like international weekends/ Easter etc. I am just curious how it works.

As impossible question for anyone on this forum to answer. Would entirely depend on iFollow’s contract with the EFL. They may have a clause in there that ensures only a certain percentage of games are shown by Sky and that iFollow have exclusive access to x percentage.

There may also be no clause, but iFollow take the risk that Sky will only show a small percentage of games across the season.

FWIW, red button games are still allowed to he shown on iFollow, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:12 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
As impossible question for anyone on this forum to answer. Would entirely depend on iFollow’s contract with the EFL. They may have a clause in there that ensures only a certain percentage of games are shown by Sky and that iFollow have exclusive access to x percentage.

There may also be no clause, but iFollow take the risk that Sky will only show a small percentage of games across the season.

Wait until next year when iFollow live streaming is dead and the whole thing becomes a lottery in terms of Sky kick-off times! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:31 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Wait until next year when iFollow live streaming is dead and the whole thing becomes a lottery in terms of Sky kick-off times! :lol:

This is a good point. As nice as it is for them to put more games on the TV think about the Wednesday fans who were messed about on that Easter Saturday game against us (they had to run a shit load of coaches to make sure they could get back to Sheffield as trains were an impossibility) and then in turn our game against Oxford was moved to the Tuesday to give the adequate rest time. IIRC was there a game against Swindon that flipped and flopped between good Friday and Easter Saturday which was on Sky I believe we won 3-0. For the armchair fan it is brilliant. For the attending fan it is poop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next