THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:31 am 
cornerdon26 wrote:
Filth wrote:
1 x striker/CF/attacking midfielder who had a good goalscoring season in L1/L2/National League last season (minimum 10 goals)

Conor Wickham got 9 for Forest Green and 1 in the Championship. Bring him home.

As a player he'd be exactly what we need, but so injury prone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:33 am 

Filth wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Filth wrote:
1 x striker/CF/attacking midfielder who had a good goalscoring season in L1/L2/National League last season (minimum 10 goals)

Conor Wickham got 9 for Forest Green and 1 in the Championship. Bring him home.

As a player he'd be exactly what we need, but so injury prone.

He wouldn't last 2 minutes here. Can you see him pressing and suddenly becoming super fit? I can't. GA doesn't strike me as the sort to take prisoners.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:36 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
3-4 seems wildly ambitious to me, unless key players are sold as well.

I reckon we'll get two - a lump of a striker and a young loanee attacker.

Don't see CB as a priority to be honest - we have cover there once Lewie comes back and can always revert to 4-3-3 if needed.

Someone to cover both WB positions would be good, perhaps a second loanee. Or Tennai could cover there and CB if he doesn't find a club (and we can sign him after the deadline too). But I just can't see us getting it together to sign 3 or 4 players. Even though we are "going for it" this year :roll:

Yeah, agreed. It’s gone from “at least four” to “three or four” to “a couple” in GA’s press conferences over the last fortnight. That was without taking into account the Holland departure. I know we’re playing a bit of a waiting game over the potential Nombe sell on as that would change our position over what is and isn’t affordable in terms of wages, but we really shouldn’t be in this position over £250K or so. There’s been unprecedented transfer income to this club over the last two years. £250K should be relative chicken feed.

The wider issue to me is that due to not getting the number of bodies in we really need, players who genuinely need game time away on loan (Dean, Burns, Illunga and even Dennis!) aren’t going to get it, as they’ll be needed about the squad just in case. That’s doing them no favours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8