THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Preferences
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:07 pm 

Ok so just looking to guage the feelings of the tcr community about our style, personnel and philosophy next season and hopefullly it stems into debate and answers to the following on a postcard:

1) what would be your preferred formation? (3 or 4 at the back, 1 or 2 up top etc doesnt have to be exact)

2) preferred type of striker (big and athletic? Or more technical and creative? Or an out and out poacher fox in the box?

3) preferred style of midfielder? (Composed and creative technical type? Physically athletic box to box type? Strong enforcer?

4) preferred style of play? (Quick transition on the ground? Patient dominant passing game? Direct route one and physical approach?

5) preferred type of coach? (Passionate heart on sleeve fist pumper? Quiet methodical tactician? Strong no nonsense authoritarian? Balanced coach who doesnt allow emotions to show?

Post subject: Re: Preferences
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:43 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Ok so just looking to guage the feelings of the tcr community about our style, personnel and philosophy next season and hopefullly it stems into debate and answers to the following on a postcard:

1) what would be your preferred formation? (3 or 4 at the back, 1 or 2 up top etc doesnt have to be exact)

2) preferred type of striker (big and athletic? Or more technical and creative? Or an out and out poacher fox in the box?

3) preferred style of midfielder? (Composed and creative technical type? Physically athletic box to box type? Strong enforcer?

4) preferred style of play? (Quick transition on the ground? Patient dominant passing game? Direct route one and physical approach?

5) preferred type of coach? (Passionate heart on sleeve fist pumper? Quiet methodical tactician? Strong no nonsense authoritarian? Balanced coach who doesnt allow emotions to show?

4-2-3-1

Technical and Creative

Composed and creative

Patient dominant passing game

Balanced coach who doesnt allow emotions to show

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:17 pm 

1) what would be your preferred formation? Rhombus

2) preferred type of striker? One who scores goals

3) preferred style of midfielder? Good ones

4) preferred style of play? Restoration comedy

5) preferred type of coach? Air conditioned, with a toilet and a coffee machine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:41 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
1) what would be your preferred formation? Rhombus

2) preferred type of striker? One who scores goals

3) preferred style of midfielder? Good ones

4) preferred style of play? Restoration comedy

5) preferred type of coach? Air conditioned, with a toilet and a coffee machine

:lol:

I have to say that I find the attitude of those who don't take threads seriously and post, deliberately, at odds with the thread very deplorable. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:06 pm 

I think with what we have in the building so far a 5-2-3 is our best option.
I am happy with Eisa as a striker.
I would play Robson and Gilbert as 2 all action midfielders.
I would look to play out from the back as a default as I believe we will be stronger on the ball than most League Two teams.
I am happy to see what GA has to offer as coach.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:53 pm 

If O'Hora is still here, then I'd want us to play 3 or 5 at the back (however you want to word it).

Lewington, Tucker and O'Hora should all be in the starting 11. Tucker finally settled and proved how good of a defender he is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:01 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I think with what we have in the building so far a 5-2-3 is our best option.
I am happy with Eisa as a striker.
I would play Robson and Gilbert as 2 all action midfielders.
I would look to play out from the back as a default as I believe we will be stronger on the ball than most League Two teams.
I am happy to see what GA has to offer as coach.

Agree with this. I think we need 3 CBs if we are to play Lewie to his best. Could be caught out if we only play 2 CBs.
Leko and Grant or another winger and Eisa up top (if he stays). Otherwise I'd prefer a bigger CF to hold the ball up.
We've got most of the players that we need for this formation already but just need a RWB and some cover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:12 pm 

Could leko adapt to the michael Antonio role as a striker?

It wont happen under sweeting and pete but id like to see us go with 2 pacey and powerful finishers up top, a creative magician in behind, 2 box to box high energy and physical central midfielders, 2 strong athletic wingers that can produce a cross or beat a man physically and with speed and then 3 centre backs offering different qualities, a ball player, a big stopper and a pacey covering cb.

Not overnight of course and not at the detriment of being able to pass the ball and dominate possession but when recruiting these technical players id want to lean more to the options on the shortlist that improve us physically. I still want to be a team that can play passing football but i also want us to be superior all over the pitch physically.

That doesnt mean they have to be brick shithouse pub players, david kasumu was a prime example of a technically gifted player that could outdo the opposition in strenggh and running. Thats the type of players we should be looking at with more height and strength in some recruits.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:37 am 

5-2-2-1

A bit of everything

All three

Counter counter attacking. Six attacking and four + goalie defensive players.

5) preferred type of coach? (Passionate heart on sleeve fist pumper? Quiet methodical tactician? Strong no nonsense authoritarian? Balanced coach who doesn't allow emotions to show?[

Carlo Ancelotti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:36 am 

Win games and get promoted

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit