THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:13 pm 

I am sad. As happy as I am there is a change I am sad that I a) came to the conclusion that I didn’t want this manager and his staff to work here any more and b) a man has lost his job after putting in a lot of effort to create a project that didn’t work.

I will not sit here and say I didn’t want him gone. I did. For a good few months now. But it’s a sad feeling that overcomes you when you know something hasn’t worked.

I don’t hate him, he’s a human and losing your job in the public eye cannot be easy. I don’t care what people say about pay offs and whatnot. We’ve seen enough examples of rich people or people better off suffering from depression and sadness to know life isn’t about money and money only. He clearly wanted this to work. But he failed. And it didn’t work. It was time to go. But I feel sad for him.

He provided us with some great memories and we must credit that. QPR just two weeks ago. Two wins over AFC (Equal to Robinson might I add), that Gillingham game, bringing in Callum Brittain.. but the sad thing is.. I’m struggling to add more(?)..

You can however add the numerous negatives. The Lewie situation. Rumours of other training ground bust ups. The handling of loan players like Tshibola, Ariyibi, Seagar.. One could argue the Ben Reeves saga but I won’t. Player moves on (end thread) is about as far as I’d go there.
And his footballing style was nothing short of appalling. His mannerisms on the touch line were awful, his tactics, his shape of setup, and most importantly... his results. We are in the relegation zone. We deserve to be and we weren’t getting better. Time to go.

He will no doubt get a job in Scotland or something. But having seen him through his time here I seriously think he is one who has had a bit of experience now, and should be a number 2 for a bit. Be a coach, like Richie Barker. It’s not a bad thing, you can still implement your philosophy and ideas on a club but I think the pressure is off and you can learn some more things while you’re at it. As a young football manager don’t tarnish whatever reputation you have left. Play it safe.

And lastly I’d like us to all pay a bit of respect to Winkelman here. I have heard this’ll cost upwards of £2m (Rumours don’t shoot the messenger) and he is a heartfelt honest man and I have no doubt this was difficult. You all shout at the bloke for not changing or spending money, he has acted here and spent money. On a decision that’ll benefit us long term. Hopefully. He has been brave and listened to us. It’s clear he waited until we dropped into the relegation zone to act. I understand that. But he’s acted so fair game.

Lastly lastly let’s get behind the players now. They’ve got pressure off their shoulders a bit now and can probably be freed up to do their thing. Let’s just get behind them as fans and get this team of good players playing well. We need this place to be happy again.

For what it’s worth that’s my opinion. Don’t need replies I just needed to let it out.

All the best Robbie.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 pm 

You've always hated him 'coz he used to manage Hearts. Edinburgh's No'1 club.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:17 pm 

I will as ever get behind the players.
I hope they will now be happier.
It has been a regime that has failed everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:19 pm 

In the whole of his tenure here and the demise of robbos tenure this is easily the best post ive read on the situation. All the petulant, repetetive posts are worth trapsing through when you get one like this.

Well in alby and my thoughts almost exactly, id also add peterborough to one of the best moments in the last 3 years.

I hope whoever comes in can harness the mk way and get the fans interested and back on board and get the players happy and playing the football they expect to play when they sign for the mk dons.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 pm 

Great post Alby.

I’m gutted that it hasn’t worked and that Pete will have to spend his hard earnt cash on paying him off rather than on strengthening the squad.

Terrible results and terrible football aside, we needed a change as our own fans are turning on each other and the whole vibe around the club has felt toxic of late.

We need to be realistic, the rest of the season isn’t going to be great and we will need to scrap just to make sure we stay in the league. I just hope that everyone can get behind the club now, cut the bullshit and try and help us salvage something from this awful awful campaign.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:08 am 

A fair and considered post, Alby.

The page turns again in the "History of MKD" to a new chapter....let's hope it is a good one again....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:05 am 
Good work Mr Alby Sir.