THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alex Gilbey returns!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:07 am 

Why entertain the guy? He does this cause we all bite. Just ignore him and he will go away raring up at him is what he wants. God knows why but it is. if you said the grass is green he would argue it is blue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:11 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
I see Sweeting still managed to sneak into the video the Dons put out about Gilbey signing.

BREAKING: Man does his job.

The issue PW had was that he pushed LS into media duties like speaking about the signings, the managerial appointments, the end of season stuff etc. Not the actual day to day job of a Sporting Director, Director of Football or whatever they're called now, in which signing players is a major part of that.

It sounds like from Gilbey's interview that this was being worked on before Alexander came in, so it's likely that this is a Sweeting signing that got approval from GA before he joined us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:09 am 

DippyDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:
I see Sweeting still managed to sneak into the video the Dons put out about Gilbey signing.

The issue PW had was that he pushed LS into media duties like speaking about the signings, the managerial appointments, the end of season stuff etc. Not the actual day to day job of a Sporting Director, Director of Football or whatever they're called now, in which signing players is a major part of that.

It sounds like from Gilbey's interview that this was being worked on before Alexander came in, so it's likely that this is a Sweeting signing that got approval from GA before he joined us.

The witch-hunt for Sweeting is embarrassing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:51 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

Especially as he's just made a unanimously positive signing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:21 am 

paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

100%

In all honestly the January window was also as good as it could have been given our league position (much harder to attract players when down at the bottom). If we keep Leko I think he has the potential to rip up league 2 next season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:36 am 

DippyDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

Alexander probably saw that we have no central midfield to speak of and really couldn't say no. Don't get me wrong I am happy we got Gilbey as he could have walked into any league 2 side and some league 1 sides. Gilbey seems like he was chomping at the bit to get back here, but he still had to put the ground work in (Sweeting that is). I have been his biggest critic, but this is a good signing for me and I am not wearing the rose tinted glasses. Did really well for Stevenage and I am surprised he stayed in League 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:17 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
D50 why don't you just fuck off and watch Man City?

If you don't like the football that MK Dons are serving up, fuck off and watch someone else.

How do people get so triggered on a football forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:43 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
D50 why don't you just fuck off and watch Man City?

If you don't like the football that MK Dons are serving up, fuck off and watch someone else.

How do people get so triggered on a football forum.

Cause it is every time with everything. D50 is a proper WUM who half time says things just to provoke. Sometimes they say stuff that is worth reading, but a lot of the time its to push peoples buttons. Ignore them and they will stop.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:55 am 

Ormeau wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

100%

In all honestly the January window was also as good as it could have been given our league position (much harder to attract players when down at the bottom). If we keep Leko I think he has the potential to rip up league 2 next season.

No witch-hunt for anybody. But when the chairman comes out and says nobody should see the DoF/Sporting Director and it won’t happen again, only then for 3/4 weeks later him to be in the video, it’s a bit odd. I’m not saying it’s Sweetings fault as he’s not responsible for editing the videos put on social media. But there was a big deal made about it by PW, not the fans or the players, but PW and straight away Sweeting is put out there. That’s all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:59 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

100%

No witch-hunt for anybody. But when the chairman comes out and says nobody should see the DoF/Sporting Director and it won’t happen again, only then for 3/4 weeks later him to be in the video, it’s a bit odd. I’m not saying it’s Sweetings fault as he’s not responsible for editing the videos put on social media. But there was a big deal made about it by PW, not the fans or the players, but PW and straight away Sweeting is put out there. That’s all.

He’s not supposed to hide away like a little goblin in its cave. PW obviously meant in terms of having LS speak for the club in interviews and such.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next