THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Alex Gilbey returns!
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:03 pm 
Fantastic signing for this level, just hope he stays fit!

Certainly fits the bill in terms of physicality in the middle of the pitch, something we lacked last season (aside from Maghoma).

Real feel-good signing as well.

Last edited by Filth on Wed May 31, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Alex Gilbey returns!
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:04 pm 

Quality signing. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:06 pm 

This makes me so happy

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:07 pm 

BUZZING.

This is a statement signing imo. Instrumental in Stevenage’s promotion. High energy box to midfielder which we missed last season until Maghoma arrived. Two time Dons player of the year and of course promoted from league 2 twice.

Are we allowed to get excited now?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:08 pm 

Excellent player and left Charlton under a cloud after the Stevenage video furore when he was on loan.

He has something to prove, therefore, and should be a real asset. Loved watching him play for us and always gave a full shift no matter the circumstances.

Good also to see some players being signed who are in their peak. He's 28. Get in.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:13 pm 

Just shows we're still an attractive club even at this level for quality footballers. He'd rather drop down a division, after working so hard to get out of it than stay at Stevenage which I'm sure would've been on the cards.

Ignoring the fact he's played for us before, he's experienced, in his peak, has promotions on his C.V and is a real leader/captain.

I think the likes of Devoy, Grant and whichever loans we get in will learn a tonne from him. I said previously he should come back. I'm glad he has

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:13 pm 

Of all the players weve ever signed he is at the very top for character and creating a lasting memory. To think hes only 28 and entering the peak of his footballing years its not like we are bringing him home to retire for one last hoorah.

A fantastic player, a fantastic man and for me as a two time player of the year winner he is a club legend!

Heres to one more dance!

A real feel good start to the summer. Combined with the gaffers first press conference where he really made some good points snd came across well, not just a fist pumper but said some really important things snd was really honest and authorative for me this is the best day as a dons fan in over a year!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:19 pm 

Brilliant signing at this level. Surprised he’s not stayed at Stevenage but suspect their wage budget is pretty low.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:19 pm 

Real statement this. A player in his prime, who has League 2 promotions on his CV, and on top of that he genuinely loves the club. Such a great character and player to have around. Buzzing.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 5:22 pm 

Pinch me! Proper buzzing i cannot believe it! Cant wait to see him pull on a shirt again for us! Roll on the end of season awards night and a pissed up gilbey collecting the lot :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next