THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Alex Gilbey returns!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:01 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
D50 why don't you just fuck off and watch Man City?

If you don't like the football that MK Dons are serving up, fuck off and watch someone else.

How do people get so triggered on a football forum.

People just can’t handle others having a different opinion. Every single poster should be allowed to have their own opinion, yet some people think they own the forum and get nasty to shut them up. How about if you don’t like what D50 is saying, just ignore it? He’s got as much right to his opinion as anyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:38 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
D50 why don't you just fuck off and watch Man City?

If you don't like the football that MK Dons are serving up, fuck off and watch someone else.

How do people get so triggered on a football forum.

People just can’t handle others having a different opinion. Every single poster should be allowed to have their own opinion, yet some people think they own the forum and get nasty to shut them up. How about if you don’t like what D50 is saying, just ignore it? He’s got as much right to his opinion as anyone else.

They don't have a difference of opinion. They straight up wind people up. When you counteract their point they say nothing like they know they are being obtuse for the sake of it. If you said water is wet they would more than likely say no it isnt. They are know to have a difference of opinon about EVERYTHING it does get a little tedious.

For example saying the Barnsley game was entertaining. Yes, it might have been for a neutral, but for us it was fucking annoying and what they said didn't add value it was just said to make people even more annoyed. Now that might be their opinion and their outlook on life, but we all know how annoying it was going from 4-1 up to 4-4 to stick the finger in the bullet wound like that is something that didn't need to be done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:26 am 
Still pretty unbelievable that he's back.

I remember how disappointed so many of us were when he left after we thought he'd stay due to starting pre-season that season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:29 am 

From what I remember, the only reason he left us was because Charlton were offering him a longer contract than we were prepared to offer.

That's what I heard anyway.

What I do remember was losing my s**t as we lost Gilbey and Rhys Healey within weeks of each other. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:09 pm 

Westcroftdon wrote:
From what I remember, the only reason he left us was because Charlton were offering him a longer contract than we were prepared to offer.

What I do remember was losing my s**t as we lost Gilbey and Rhys Healey within weeks of each other. :lol:

And Watford are getting him on a free as Toulouse don't want him anymore. Good for Watford. Not good for us as we had a sell on clause on him that now can't be activated. Dele and him now where we are getting no kickbacks. Frustrating to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:23 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Westcroftdon wrote:

And Watford are getting him on a free as Toulouse don't want him anymore. Good for Watford. Not good for us as we had a sell on clause on him that now can't be activated. Dele and him now where we are getting no kickbacks. Frustrating to say the least.

Dele (£5mil) and Healey (£1mil) both went for decent upfront fees, so the sell on is just a bonus and never guaranteed to pay-out. Every single club will have missed out on getting a sell-on fee multiple times, where the player has left on a free at the end of their contract or their value has decreased.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8