THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:39 am 

Well Fan wrote:
Gers wrote:
To be fair to both Well Fan and us, we did exactly the same where Swansea fans are concerned, and were subsequently proven to be correct. However, the only player Alexander’s met so far is most probably Gilbey. To come on here and basically tell us that we’re fucked under him, when he’s only just through the door, is disingenuous and smacks of sour grapes.

He took Motherwell, a town I know well, to European qualification. Now I’m a follower of the SPFL, albeit only who Rangers are playing obviously, but that doesn't seem too bad. He’s spoken of highly by the rest of his former clubs, and there’s no need to re quote Neville here, but he’ll have to go some to be worse than what we endured last season.

It might work, it might not. We can only wait and see. But don’t forget this… it’s only a game.

I suggested you may wish to temper your optimism as we used the same rationale (pedigree, experience, perception, CV, Salford/Neville, no nonsense arse kicker) when he was appointed. I mean I don't know how you can interpret groups of senior players seeking to speak to a CEO/Chairman on the fly and express concerns and training being described as "a joke" as anything other than toxic.

I said I have no invested schadenfreude if it goes tits up and I'm also not telling you you're fucked, I genuinely hope he's learned from it. Just he fucked us, that's his most recent gig and if you look at his UEFA qualification in isolation then it reeks of head burying. I do think you'll get a bounce but it's if history repeats itself and I've given you the timeline then you were warned.

I had a girlfriend from Motherwell back in the early 80's. Fiona was/is her name. Do you know her?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:38 pm 

Gers wrote:
Well Fan wrote:
Gers wrote:
To be fair to both Well Fan and us, we did exactly the same where Swansea fans are concerned, and were subsequently proven to be correct. However, the only player Alexander’s met so far is most probably Gilbey. To come on here and basically tell us that we’re fucked under him, when he’s only just through the door, is disingenuous and smacks of sour grapes.

He took Motherwell, a town I know well, to European qualification. Now I’m a follower of the SPFL, albeit only who Rangers are playing obviously, but that doesn't seem too bad. He’s spoken of highly by the rest of his former clubs, and there’s no need to re quote Neville here, but he’ll have to go some to be worse than what we endured last season.

It might work, it might not. We can only wait and see. But don’t forget this… it’s only a game.

I suggested you may wish to temper your optimism as we used the same rationale (pedigree, experience, perception, CV, Salford/Neville, no nonsense arse kicker) when he was appointed. I mean I don't know how you can interpret groups of senior players seeking to speak to a CEO/Chairman on the fly and express concerns and training being described as "a joke" as anything other than toxic.

I said I have no invested schadenfreude if it goes tits up and I'm also not telling you you're fucked, I genuinely hope he's learned from it. Just he fucked us, that's his most recent gig and if you look at his UEFA qualification in isolation then it reeks of head burying. I do think you'll get a bounce but it's if history repeats itself and I've given you the timeline then you were warned.

I had a girlfriend from Motherwell back in the early 80's. Fiona was/is her name. Do you know her?

i don't associate anyone who'd consider dating a currant.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 pm 

Gers wrote:
Well Fan wrote:
Gers wrote:

Well Fan
I also had a girlfriend in early 80's. She wasn't from Motherwell and her name wasn't/isn't Fiona. Do you know her too?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:13 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Gers wrote:
Well Fan wrote:
Gers wrote:

Well Fan
I also had a girlfriend in early 80's. She wasn't from Motherwell and her name wasn't/isn't Fiona. Do you know her too?

???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:44 pm 

I had a girlfriend in the 80s from Bothwell which is pretty close to Motherwell - although to be fair, that’s like saying Woburn is close to Luton, might as well be another planet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:24 pm 

We do need experienced manager as we have a young team.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:04 pm 

I was once young and needed an experienced girlfriend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10