THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:38 am 

Council Kev wrote:
Would suggest Well Fan looks at the positives and moves on. As expected there's always going to be one. I will take the negativity, pack it up in a imaginary box labelled 'whatever' and look forward to seeing what GA can do for us.

Wise words indeed.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:53 am 

Gers wrote:
Just to be on the safe side we'd better sack him. Can't be too careful.

Seems the best thing to do.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:24 pm 

One thing I would say about him is that he has perfect initials for football in these data driven days of football. You can’t go on any football social media site without someone quoting Messi or Haaland or Mbappe etc and what their GA is.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 6:26 pm 

ALEXANDER THE GREAT

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:01 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
Would suggest Well Fan looks at the positives and moves on. As expected there's always going to be one. I will take the negativity, pack it up in a imaginary box labelled 'whatever' and look forward to seeing what GA can do for us.

Not one, it's pretty universal that his methods and behaviour had a detrimental effect on our club by every fan. I did link to our forum with 30 pages of evidence. We were the same as you all 2.5 years ago, we looked at his pedigree and record and were enthused, we felt we had a bit of a coup. I mean a guy nearing 1,000 senior appearances and 900 as a manager is a wealth of experience.

I get some of you wish to be dismissive as I am raining on your parade, you have a new shiny toy and everyone in football looks for lines drawn in the sand and fresh starts. You have him because the last guy was bad, supporters tend to lose more managers to underperforming to breaking records and success, so I get any change is good. New guys has a fresh slate to cut out all the underperformers and bring in his guys. But to discount his most recent gig and lump it together with jobs he had 10 years ago seems to overlook the relevance of what I've tried to convey to you.

Temper enthusiasm, if his record with us was so "good" combined with his career stats etc. why has he been without a gig for a full season when there must have been about 70-100 roles became available in the UK since?

As I said I sincerely hope he's took a lot more from his time at my club and had learned how he engages with his players going forward. Of course I'll keep an eye on your scores from now and despite some assertions I have no desire to bump this thread if it all goes awry.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:11 pm 

Well Fan wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

Not one, it's pretty universal that his methods and behaviour had a detrimental effect on our club by every fan. I did link to our forum with 30 pages of evidence. We were the same as you all 2.5 years ago, we looked at his pedigree and record and were enthused, we felt we had a bit of a coup. I mean a guy nearing 1,000 senior appearances and 900 as a manager is a wealth of experience.

I get some of you wish to be dismissive as I am raining on your parade, you have a new shiny toy and everyone in football looks for lines drawn in the sand and fresh starts. You have him because the last guy was bad, supporters tend to lose more managers to underperforming to breaking records and success, so I get any change is good. New guys has a fresh slate to cut out all the underperformers and bring in his guys. But to discount his most recent gig and lump it together with jobs he had 10 years ago seems to overlook the relevance of what I've tried to convey to you.

Temper enthusiasm, if his record with us was so "good" combined with his career stats etc. why has he been without a gig for a full season when there must have been about 70-100 roles became available in the UK since?

As I said I sincerely hope he's took a lot more from his time at my club and had learned how he engages with his players going forward. Of course I'll keep an eye on your scores from now and despite some assertions I have no desire to bump this thread if it all goes awry.

Appreciate the warning. I'm hoping the gig at Motherwell was just a blip and he has learned from the experience. I'm not one of those who just cares about winning at all costs. Those fans may be happy but I don't want another Neilson or Tisdale playing terrible football or alienating players.
As you say, we are at the start of a new journey and it is only natural to be excited and to ignore the negativity. Even with your warning, I'm still looking forward to the season ahead and what it could bring us. Almost all managers at this level end in failure (those that don't tend to get picked up by the bigger teams) so it probably will. We'll just have to enjoy the ride in the meantime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Well Fan wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

Appreciate the warning. I'm hoping the gig at Motherwell was just a blip and he has learned from the experience. I'm not one of those who just cares about winning at all costs. Those fans may be happy but I don't want another Neilson or Tisdale playing terrible football or alienating players.
As you say, we are at the start of a new journey and it is only natural to be excited and to ignore the negativity. Even with your warning, I'm still looking forward to the season ahead and what it could bring us. Almost all managers at this level end in failure (those that don't tend to get picked up by the bigger teams) so it probably will. We'll just have to enjoy the ride in the meantime

Yup, pretty much this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:00 pm 

Pete Winkelman said he ticks all the right boxes. Just like Neilson, Tisdale, Ince, Manning, Allen, Di Matteo Robinson.......Oh dear.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:11 pm 

https://youtu.be/SBPztcf2Wd4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:15 pm 

Croydon wrote:
Pete Winkelman said he ticks all the right boxes. Just like Neilson, Tisdale, Ince, Manning, Allen, Di Matteo Robinson.......Oh dear.

All of them at one time or another did the job they were assigned to do.

Tisdale - promotion
Neilson - beat the drop
Robinson - promotion
Manning - improve us from midtable obscurity/previous relegation threatened team
Ince - promotion and got us a bonus cup trophy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next