THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pre-season
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:31 pm 
Anything come out of the post-match press conference yet re new signings? Toby Lock just talked about Alexander apologising for Ilunga's substitution.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:34 pm 

Filth wrote:
Anything come out of the post-match press conference yet re new signings? Toby Lock just talked about Alexander apologising for Ilunga's substitution.

Finger on the pulse as usual

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:35 pm 

AB4 wrote:
I quite enjoyed that game. I've been negative about our performances in PS and we had a stinker for the first 40 mins. Then we played some decent stuff for the next 45 and got sucker punched at the end. I'm much more positive now.
Fair play to Anker who really grew in to the game. 2 fantastic corners and some nice skill. Almost scored a header too.
Get Lewie back in, play Harvie at LWB and stick Eisa up top with Leko on the wing and we aren't looking too bad as a first XI. I'd still like another winger and backup striker (both loans will do) and that's our lot I think.

That sounds exactly the same as many games last season. How can you be positive!? :lol:

‘Yeah we looked good, then decided to fuck it up out of nowhere’

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:47 pm 

Not here to gloat, (its not my style) but can I give you my assessment of League two for next season? (if its OK with admin)
Firstly I am glad that we were promoted last season, as I think that the upcoming season is going to be a nightmare. there are some big hitters in that division financially wise. Gillingham splashing the cash (vile place, pikey central) Notts county (nice day out and huge crowds) Stockport (odd place, and odd accents) and the circus that is the Welsh wankers. (keeping tickets back for "international visitors" nuff said).
And dont even think about trying to find an away fan friendly pub within a couple of miles of Grimsbys ground. And Crawley are nailed on to get relegated.
So, I am happy that that my club are where we are are, and understand if you people are despondent. Get off to a good start, and keep the momentum going, because League two aint a nice place to be.
Signing off, but hopefully our paths will cross again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:49 pm 

Filth wrote:

Club have put an interview out with…. Scholtz. Not a key player standing up and talking…

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:51 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
Filth wrote:

Club have put an interview out with…. Scholtz. Not a key player standing up and talking…

That isn’t a surprise to me. The club haven’t taken the friendlies seriously.

I wasn’t at the game but can anyone tell me how many subs we made? Were all the kids on at the end when we conceded twice?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:57 pm 

inspector gadget wrote:
Not here to gloat, (its not my style) but can I give you my assessment of League two for next season? (if its OK with admin)
Firstly I am glad that we were promoted last season, as I think that the upcoming season is going to be a nightmare. there are some big hitters in that division financially wise. Gillingham splashing the cash (vile place, pikey central) Notts county (nice day out and huge crowds) Stockport (odd place, and odd accents) and the circus that is the Welsh wankers. (keeping tickets back for "international visitors" nuff said).
And dont even think about trying to find an away fan friendly pub within a couple of miles of Grimsbys ground. And Crawley are nailed on to get relegated.
So, I am happy that that my club are where we are are, and understand if you people are despondent. Get off to a good start, and keep the momentum going, because League two aint a nice place to be.
Signing off, but hopefully our paths will cross again.

I'm sure they will Inspector. I never had the remotest notion/belief we'd win today.
Give 'em hell in League 1!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:02 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
AB4 wrote:
I quite enjoyed that game. I've been negative about our performances in PS and we had a stinker for the first 40 mins. Then we played some decent stuff for the next 45 and got sucker punched at the end. I'm much more positive now.
Fair play to Anker who really grew in to the game. 2 fantastic corners and some nice skill. Almost scored a header too.
Get Lewie back in, play Harvie at LWB and stick Eisa up top with Leko on the wing and we aren't looking too bad as a first XI. I'd still like another winger and backup striker (both loans will do) and that's our lot I think.

That sounds exactly the same as many games last season. How can you be positive!? :lol:

‘Yeah we looked good, then decided to fuck it up out of nowhere’

Purely because the performance was much better than the last games

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:04 pm 

The only positive to take from today was the performance of Anker, incredible pace, skill and even out jumping huge CBs, along with some brilliant dead ball kicks.

The rest was not great, yes we looked good for a spell in the second half, but rarely threatening Cobblers goal, they looked average at best and still scored three plus smacked the post in the first half.

From the optimistic view I first had when GA took the helm, I’m now far less sure for the coming season, we look light upfront big time, the type of football we’re playing doesn’t seem to suit any of the strikers we have, defensively we also don’t look composed, pulled all over the place for the first goal and midfield was guilty of mis placed passes.

Get hammered at Wrexham next week and it might be another frustrating season, we’re way short of quality to trouble the top six at the moment

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:09 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
AB4 wrote:

‘Yeah we looked good, then decided to fuck it up out of nowhere’[/quote]

Purely because the performance was much better than the last games

It's the MK way. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next