THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Pre-season
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:09 pm 
Nothing announced yet, let's hope Winkie/Sweeting have learned their lesson and we get a proper pre-season schedule against a few football league opposition. Not too early - lots of club have announced more than one fixture.

What are the chances we get a reasonable PSF at Stadium MK? Nothing last year. Can't keep using concerts as an excuse, especially now we have The Bowl.

I'm sure we'll still get one or two seventh-tier backwater friendlies purely for fitness. Just hope we get some proper opposition on proper surfaces - I remember Tennai got injured on a shite non-league pitch in pre-season and that meant we missed out on a key signing.

Last edited by Filth on Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:20 pm 

PW did say in the Graham Alexander appointment video, that a couple of Pre season friendlies have been lined up at StadMK, no news of the opposition in that, but I wouldn’t expect home games against the likes of the Dog and Duck reserves rocking up there.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:21 pm 
Good question regarding the concerts and things

I’ll Muse over it for a while…

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:22 pm 
Modders wrote:
Good question regarding the concerts and things

I’ll Muse over it for a while…

That’s the training ground out of the picture for another year…

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:36 pm 
Scribble wrote:
PW did say in the Graham Alexander appointment video, that a couple of Pre season friendlies have been lined up at StadMK, no news of the opposition in that, but I wouldn’t expect home games against the likes of the Dog and Duck reserves rocking up there.

Didn't know there was a Winkie video on the appointment.

Just watched it, have to admit he's got me excited about pre-season and next season. How does he do it?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:43 pm 

There appears to be some sort of 9 hole golf at Stad:MK over the summer so let's hope the pitch is up to the beginning of the season and PSFs

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:10 pm 

Filth wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Just watched it, have to admit he's got me excited about pre-season and next season. How does he do it?

Its called bull-shitting! PW is a Jedi Master of it :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:57 pm 
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Filth wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Its called bull-shitting! PW is a Jedi Master of it :lol:

Well I suppose he did convince the FA three-man commission, we're just small fry.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:00 pm 

I think we'll do well to get a half decent Prem side like Brentford/Forest/Fulham. But given then relegation I wonder if these things have much impact? Do Prem sides want to be playing a League Two side in late July? Don't suppose it makes much difference between League One/2 but hey ho.

Last time we went down we ended up with Oxford and Ipswich at home and we must've had about 800 in the ground.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 11:29 pm 
Alby39 wrote:
Do Prem sides want to be playing a League Two side in late July?

Crawley have got Crystal Palace at home as one of theirs, apparently

Lots of L2 clubs playing Championship clubs

Should think we'd be appealing, easy to access, we've got our massive fancy stadium with a decent size pitch and they know we'll give them as many tickets as they want.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next