THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:02 pm 

Expected crowd of 2000 ended up being over 3000, people queuing all
the way to the fence by Asda as only one gate open
Lovely warm day with the sun in the faces as only green stand open. Decide to close the concessions stands straight after half time. People still wanted drinks and there was the possibility of extra time and penalties as well
Just more money down the pan in lost revenue.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 5:10 pm 

Green stand?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:18 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Green stand?

East Centre. On the website it is the green coloured stand when you book tickets.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:22 am 

Zeberdee wrote:
Lovely warm day with the sun in the faces as only green stand open. Decide to close the concessions stands straight after half time. People still wanted drinks and there was the possibility of extra time and penalties as well

Apart from the obvious Customer Service or lack thereof would there be much money to be made once you factor in keeping staff there for longer the gas or electric used. I have been at a home game before and went to get a coffee after half time and got told nope by a guy in a suit even though they were open and all the staff were still standing around so now I don't buy any food or drink in the ground I can live without a generic overprice shite coffee. If I am desperate I will bring a flask.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

Apart from the obvious Customer Service or lack thereof would there be much money to be made once you factor in keeping staff there for longer the gas or electric used. I have been at a home game before and went to get a coffee after half time and got told nope by a guy in a suit even though they were open and all the staff were still standing around so now I don't buy any food or drink in the ground I can live without a generic overprice shite coffee. If I am desperate I will bring a flask.

No there wouldn't. OP moaning for the sake of moaning. Concession stands have always closed after half time. The club will know if it makes financial sense to keep them open during the second half and quite obviously (as you'd expect) it doesn't.

If keeping them open doesn't make sense when we have 8-15k home crowd, how would it make sense for a 3k crowd?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 10:30 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Zeberdee wrote:

No there wouldn't. OP moaning for the sake of moaning. Concession stands have always closed after half time. The club will know if it makes financial sense to keep them open during the second half and quite obviously (as you'd expect) it doesn't.

If keeping them open doesn't make sense when we have 8-15k home crowd, how would it make sense for a 3k crowd?

you had 3000 there who have never been to the ground before , a lot of kids on a warm day ,in the end had to provide plastic cups so they could get water from the toilets !!