THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:17 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Ooh I loved it. Just luuurved it.
I'm through with picking over the bones of our last season so I am not getting involved in any sensible discussion (as ever) as to which result was 'worse'.
All I'll say is....They bottled it again and it will have been a deserved rude awakening again to the moronic supporters who perplexingly honestly believe the club has a divine right to be in The Championship. It will have cost them a lot in terms of revenue they would have gained.
Such a shame.
Such a darn shame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You say that, but Wednesday deserve it less. Their fans believe they are Premier League and the way they treated Moore last Friday was abhorrent and quite frankly sickening. Also, they stay down they will be in there for a while as they will have to get the high earners like Bannnan off their books who is on apparently £21k a week!! Also, £550 a season ticket. Even in the Championship that is bollocks. Id love them to be in League 1 charging those prices. I know I should hate Posh, but in this case they really are the lesser of two evils.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:23 am 
Russybcool wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
I'm through with picking over the bones of our last season so I am not getting involved in any sensible discussion (as ever) as to which result was 'worse'.
All I'll say is....They bottled it again and it will have been a deserved rude awakening again to the moronic supporters who perplexingly honestly believe the club has a divine right to be in The Championship. It will have cost them a lot in terms of revenue they would have gained.
Such a shame.

You say that, but Wednesday deserve it less. Their fans believe they are Premier League and the way they treated Moore last Friday was abhorrent and quite frankly sickening. Also, they stay down they will be in there for a while as they will have to get the high earners like Bannnan off their books who is on apparently £21k a week!! Also, £550 a season ticket. Even in the Championship that is bollocks. Id love them to be in League 1 charging those prices. I know I should hate Posh, but in this case they really are the lesser of two evils.

Got to agree.

I'm not really into the Posh 'rivalry' to be honest. It's died down a fair bit, don't care too much.

In terms of hate/dislike for me:

Hate - AFC, Luton

Strongly dislike - Swindon

Dislike - Northampton, Wycombe

Even the Luton and AFC ones it's more "they started it" than anything else.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:35 am 

Filth wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Such a shame.

Got to agree.

I'm not really into the Posh 'rivalry' to be honest. It's died down a fair bit, don't care too much.

In terms of hate/dislike for me:

Hate - AFC, Luton

Strongly dislike - Swindon

Dislike - Northampton, Wycombe

Even the Luton and AFC ones it's more "they started it" than anything else.

There is one club and one club only that I hate and will never give them a penny and that is AFC. I am disappointed the like of the wobblers and Stevenage are League 1 and we are not but I suppose they worked hard and deserve it. We didn't and deserve what we got.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:41 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Such a shame.

Yup. Completely deluded fanbase which hasn't adjusted to the fact their local rivals are now a bigger club than they are. Zero self awareness, giving it billy big balls down in the third tier "what's it like to see a crowd". Hahaha you're Sheffield Wednesday! What the hell are you doing down here in the first place?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 1:35 pm 

Never hated Posh, and always found it quite forced from out pov.

The injustice of the playoff game in 2011 was sore but we still won 3-2, wasted a hateful more chances, had Gleeson back for the second leg and frankly didn't turn up.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 2:57 pm 

Quote:
There is one club and one club only that I hate and will never give them a penny and that is AFC. I am disappointed the like of the wobblers and Stevenage are League 1 and we are not but I suppose they worked hard and deserve it. We didn't and deserve what we got.

Like I said, I'm not getting involved any more in this thread's debate but I do most def agree wiv ya here mate. Yes indeedy.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 3:16 pm 

I think I only hated posh we could we always seem to be competing with them, rather than it being anything to do with location.

In recent years, we've not really had that with them and any bad feelings I had towards them have really died down.

I would have preferred Posh to win last night than Wednesday. I don't like their arrogance or the ridiculous wages they pay.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 3:19 pm 

Blimey, I thought I was alone in not really minding Pish and hating Wednesday.