THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:35 pm 

How did the Owls get back to 5-5 ! Not sure we would ever have the self belief to do that in one game or two legs?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:39 pm 

Still pretty fucking bad tbf

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 10:58 pm 
Our collapse was worse. We were at home, desperate for the 3 points, Barnsley had already secured playoffs and had absolutely nothing to play for, and we still conceded 3 goals in the space of 13 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:00 pm 

Filth wrote:
Our collapse was worse. We were at home, desperate for the 3 points, Barnsley had already secured playoffs and had absolutely nothing to play for, and we still conceded 3 goals in the space of 13 minutes.

I've tried to block it out of my mind. Every time I hear that said out loud it sounds worse.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:11 am 

The difference is, we were a poor team. Posh aren’t. I found the entire episode last night hilarious and hope Wednesday get shafted in the final by Barnsley.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:22 am 

Last night was bad, but it wasn't as bad as us. Wednesday had a whole 90 mins + extra time to turn it around, at home, whereas we threw away a 3-0 lead, at home, to a team with nothing to play for.

An early goal last night was always going to inspire Sheffield Wednesday, especially in front of a home ground. We would 100% have collapsed like Posh did too.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:23 am 

Always nice to see Pish humbled :D :lol:

Makes up - at least a bit - for that awful night at their place, 2nd leg play-off semi, 2011 - when their fans came on the pitch and sang/goaded etc. It will be a tad subdued in Peterborough work places and schools today :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:25 am 

Linslade wrote:

Makes up - at least a bit - for that awful night at their place, 2nd leg play-off semi, 2011 - when their fans came on the pitch and sang/goaded etc. It will be a tad subdued in Peterborough work places and schools today :lol:

Was the 1st leg the one where Gleeson (who wasn't even the last man) fouled their player miles outside the box, ref gave a pen and red card?

If so, to this day its the worst refereeing decision I have ever witnessed.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 8:58 am 

Ooh I loved it. Just luuurved it.
I'm through with picking over the bones of our last season so I am not getting involved in any sensible discussion (as ever) as to which result was 'worse'.
All I'll say is....They bottled it again and it will have been a deserved rude awakening again to the moronic supporters who perplexingly honestly believe the club has a divine right to be in The Championship. It will have cost them a lot in terms of revenue they would have gained.
Such a shame.
Such a darn shame. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:12 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Linslade wrote:

Was the 1st leg the one where Gleeson (who wasn't even the last man) fouled their player miles outside the box, ref gave a pen and red card?

If so, to this day its the worst refereeing decision I have ever witnessed.

Yes it was. The biggest injustice ever served to MK Dons. I was in the Cowshed the other end of the ground and I could tell it was outside the box and I am blind in one eye. It was a joke. It really was