THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:38 pm 
Not sure why it's being discussed on Twitter but some seem to think Luton's current ground isn't fit for the Premier League - either just because of the way it looks or because there's some technical reason it doesn't meet the required spec.

Could be a load of bollocks with no substance, but IF they go up, and IF this was a serious proposition because Luton's ground isn't up to scratch how would you feel about it?

For me, with the way they've acted towards us over the years, it would have to be a serious amount of money, say £8m a season plus covering all of the cost of stewarding/policing/catering/energy bills for their matches and contributing to the cost of maintaining the pitch/adapting the stadium where needed.

Anything less and I wouldn't want to deal with them. This would be one of those occasions where Winkie can show some backbone after the criticism over letting players go easily/for cheap.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:44 pm 

Don’t care how much they offer they can fuck off. We’d probably end up having to play on a Sunday at home if we both had a “home” game at the same time. Also, they are all ladybits and I would hate them to be playing prem football in our ground. It would only mean the local population start supporting Luton instead of coming here and could have a real lasting negative affect on us. They can play at Watford. Get to fuck Luton.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:45 pm 

I'd be stunned if it happened.

The rumours that have been circulating on Twitter suggest it would cost around £10 million for Kenilworth Road to meet the requirements. I suspect most of these are to do with media and getting it ready for VAR etc. If they win the final, they'll get around 150 million. Don't think you need to be a maths genius to work out they'll be able to afford it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:45 pm 

It'll never happen.

Luton have said it won't, so thread //

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:46 pm 

This is about as likely as me riding Nigella Lawson bareback around the Wandsworth one-way system.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:47 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
I'd be stunned if it happened.

The rumours that have been circulating on Twitter suggest it would cost around £10 million for Kenilworth Road to meet the requirements. I suspect most of these are to do with media and getting it ready for VAR etc. If they win the final, they'll get around 150 million. Don't think you need to be a maths genius to work out they'll be able to afford it.

The press box doesn't hold much. The Premier League are within their right to demand improvements, but they'll never groundshare with us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:47 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
This is about as likely as me riding Nigella Lawson bareback around the Wandsworth one-way system.

I don’t know, you’re a good looking boy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:49 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

I don’t know, you’re a good looking boy

How's your guide dog these days?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 12:06 am 
F*ck ‘em.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 5:59 am 

They're sharing with Watford. Already a Premiership level ground, so no work needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next