THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: General League 2
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:53 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Morecambe already have one spot sewn up as it stands I’m 10% sure of that, they’re in a mess if they can’t sort their ownership out.

That leaves 1 space. I know we’re shite, but we’re not 23rd in league 2 shite.

This guy who is trying to buy Morecambe is some 20yr old worth round 120mil apparently. The fact its taking so long for the EFL to approve must mean isn't not all it seems.

The rumour is he 'beat' Tyson Fury to the purchase, so if it were to fall through, would Fury buy the club? That guy spouts so much crap that if he says he's buying Morecambe, there is more chance of it not happening.

Definitely one to keep an eye on. The proposed new owner is keen to do all it takes to keep Cole Stockton, which if they do somehow manage to do (and the owner is legit) he'll be a big problem in league 2.

100% yes Fury would buy Morecombe. Lives there. I believe his gym is attached to the ground. I don't know if he supports them, but he would 100% buy them after Eric Morecambe he is the most famous person to be associated with the town.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:56 am 

Gers wrote:
A cup upset against the only club in the country that are more of a basket case than us.

Quite the claim, which got me thinking. My basket case Top 10, calculated through a rough 'Impending financial oblivion x crackpot ownership' equation:

Everton
Wigan
Morecambe
Reading
Chelsea
Birmingham City
Rochdale
Fleetwood (Owner Andy Pilley has just been found guilty of fraud)
Crawley
Watford

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:06 am 

Mad to think we’d finish 23rd or 24th in L2. That’s a bobbins league with some insanely shit teams.

There are no guarantees we’d make the playoffs though.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:18 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Morecambe already have one spot sewn up as it stands I’m 10% sure of that, they’re in a mess if they can’t sort their ownership out.

This guy who is trying to buy Morecambe is some 20yr old worth round 120mil apparently. The fact its taking so long for the EFL to approve must mean isn't not all it seems.

The rumour is he 'beat' Tyson Fury to the purchase, so if it were to fall through, would Fury buy the club? That guy spouts so much crap that if he says he's buying Morecambe, there is more chance of it not happening.

Definitely one to keep an eye on. The proposed new owner is keen to do all it takes to keep Cole Stockton, which if they do somehow manage to do (and the owner is legit) he'll be a big problem in league 2.

100% yes Fury would buy Morecombe. Lives there. I believe his gym is attached to the ground. I don't know if he supports them, but he would 100% buy them after Eric Morecambe he is the most famous person to be associated with the town.

I like Fury and I know he lives in Morecambe, but he has a history for talking complete rubbish. I highly doubt he would buy Morecambe, he'd have done so by now if so.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:23 am 

Toby Carvery wrote:
Gers wrote:
A cup upset against the only club in the country that are more of a basket case than us.

Quite the claim, which got me thinking. My basket case Top 10, calculated through a rough 'Impending financial oblivion x crackpot ownership' equation:

Everton
Wigan
Morecambe
Reading
Chelsea
Birmingham City
Rochdale
Crawley
Watford

Yeah, we are far from being a basket case.

Yes we got relegated, it happens and we made mistakes, key thing is to learn from them. An owner that does genuinely care about the club, evident from his emotions on the final day who also keeps us sustainable. Far, far worse positions to be in.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

I like Fury and I know he lives in Morecambe, but he has a history for talking complete rubbish. I highly doubt he would buy Morecambe, he'd have done so by now if so.

Its more than just the gym attached to the club. Fury owns the whole training facility. So if he already owns the training side it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to buy the footballing side.

Anyway they have gone for the 20 year old so that probably says more about Fury than it does about the 20 year old. I mean it works for Sunderland having a 20 something run your club. Not so much for Crawley, but then again they are getting players in off a youtube game...oh yeah Crawley and Wimbledon will be fighting for 23rd and 24th this season IMO. Nothing says to me we are worse that either of them so be safe in the knowledge we would be 22nd.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/tyson-fury-misses-out-morecambe-takeover-059690-20230207

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:37 am 

Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Its more than just the gym attached to the club. Fury owns the whole training facility. So if he already owns the training side it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to buy the footballing side.

Anyway they have gone for the 20 year old so that probably says more about Fury than it does about the 20 year old. I mean it works for Sunderland having a 20 something run your club. Not so much for Crawley, but then again they are getting players in off a youtube game...oh yeah Crawley and Wimbledon will be fighting for 23rd and 24th this season IMO. Nothing says to me we are worse that either of them so be safe in the knowledge we would be 22nd.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/tyson-fury-misses-out-morecambe-takeover-059690-20230207

I get he has connections, I just don't believe he'd ever really want to buy and run the club.

Interesting thread on their new potential owner. Once again highlighting how incredibly risky it is when selling a club and why having Pete in charge is far better than someone like this:

https://twitter.com/SSTInvesting/status ... QPBEw&s=19

Unfortunately, if you put it out on the FB group that Pete had sold to someone worth £120million, they'd be lapping it up, without a care in the world for the legitimacy of said wealth and that really would be us becoming a proper basket case.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:16 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
Gers wrote:

Everton
Wigan
Morecambe
Reading
Chelsea
Birmingham City
Rochdale
Crawley
Watford

Yes we got relegated, it happens and we made mistakes, key thing is to learn from them. An owner that does genuinely care about the club, evident from his emotions on the final day who also keeps us sustainable. Far, far worse positions to be in.

That's true but this is the second time we have been relegated following a good season the previous year. So what have we learned ?

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:31 am 

donmentor wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
Gers wrote:

Everton
Wigan
Morecambe
Reading
Chelsea
Birmingham City
Rochdale
Crawley
Watford

That's true but this is the second time we have been relegated following a good season the previous year. So what have we learned ?

That football is tough but we can bounce back.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:45 am 

donmentor wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Toby Carvery wrote:
Gers wrote:

Everton
Wigan
Morecambe
Reading
Chelsea
Birmingham City
Rochdale
Crawley
Watford

It was all Tucker's fault.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next