THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:47 am 

It's our last ever episode. It's unedited. Might be good, might be rubbish. Listen to it, don't.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4jLiBY ... BpTJ_1tYgA

https://music.amazon.co.uk/podcasts/227 ... st-episode

https://johnny183682117.podbean.com/e/s ... t-episode/

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:22 am 
Good stuff.

Definitely a big slice of ignorance and complacency on the part of the club and those at the top. Pete and co sit in their ivory towers but how much is fed through to them? Yes there's the so-called 'Supporters Board' but looking at the minutes the topics being discussed seems so minute and small in scale, not big picture or driving the club as a whole forward. It just feels like a tick box exercise from the club to say "we listen to our supporters".

I'm looking forward to seeing what Pete and the club say today, but my expectations aren't high.

This club is on a real low ebb and has been since last summer. A couple of repeated apologies and catchphrases from Winkie aren't going to be enough. There needs to be a real cultural shift but it does feel like Pete especially just isn't up to this anymore and sees the football side of things as a nuisance.

The club really need to come out today and be brutally honest that they have failed on several fronts and are going to make some brave, bold changes.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:25 am 

Weirdly, I enjoyed that. A bit like that Chinese restaurant in Soho where the waiters are famously rude to the customers. :lol:

Looking forward to the next one. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 12:21 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Weirdly, I enjoyed that. A bit like that Chinese restaurant in Soho where the waiters are famously rude to the customers. :lol:

Looking forward to the next one. ;)

I feel this.

There is a pub in Belfast that is somewhat famous for the owner being a C**T to customers. He literally through someone out for ordering a coke zero and a half pint of Guinness last year. This was followed by a tirade on local radio calling people who drink half pints a waste of space. The bar is hard to get into and people get turned away all the time for no particular reason but man do I love it there.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:00 pm 

So that's it. It's all over. Thank you guys once again for everything you've done over the years. You started the podcast in League 2 to reunite the fanbase, and it's fair to say you've done that and more. Ironic that we've come full circle, but as a fanbase we've come a long way from where you started. I've honestly not missed an episode over the last 5 years, and I genuinely don't know what I'll do without it.

From Gers' rants and Tony's musings to housewive's favourite Sam's quiz and Alby's road trips, and everything in between - it's been a blast. I listen to a lot of podcasts, but there was none that I enjoyed quite as much as your's. Those lockdown pods were honestly the highlight of my week. You helped me, and many more, through some tough times.

Before this gets any more cringy, I'll stop here. But once again thank you for everything. And enjoy a well earned retirement - you've certainly earned it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

And a big thank you from me too. Always a great listen and never felt contrived at all. Must have taken a huge amount of work doing all the editing and while I am sure it was enjoyable there must have been times when it was just about the last thing you wanted to be doing. I always felt you talked about TCR fairly as well, which I appreciated. Well done, enjoy your retirement and hope you all find other ways to keep getting your Dons fix next season! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:49 pm 

Time to bring back the fanzine. ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:49 pm 

I thought you would all sing at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C58ttB2-Qg