THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:43 pm 

So Max Dean is the latest player to tweet apologising to the fans for not being able to keep us up. That means for far it has been Maghoma (Loan), Kaikai (Short term contract), Stewart (Loan and tweet deleted) and Dean (18 years old and only in the door).

I have to say I personally have appreciated every tweet and judging by the replies plenty of other fans have as well. But seriously where is the acknowledgement form some of our supposed senior player. Honestly I'm disappointed there hasn't been anything from Harvie or O'Hora. Where is the leadership from these players?

Even worse fucking Bradly Johnson was tweeting the very next day about presenting Norwich Shirts or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:56 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
So Max Dean is the latest player to tweet apologising to the fans for not being able to keep us up. That means for far it has been Maghoma (Loan), Kaikai (Short term contract), Stewart (Loan and tweet deleted) and Dean (18 years old and only in the door).

I have to say I personally have appreciated every tweet and judging by the replies plenty of other fans have as well. But seriously where is the acknowledgement form some of our supposed senior player. Honestly I'm disappointed there hasn't been anything from Harvie or O'Hora. Where is the leadership from these players?

Even worse fucking Bradly Johnson was tweeting the very next day about presenting Norwich Shirts or something.

Johnson's was replying to Jermaine Beckford about getting promoted while at Leeds. Just stupid timing really, nobody would have cared had we not gotten relegated the day before.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:00 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Johnson's was replying to Jermaine Beckford about getting promoted while at Leeds. Just stupid timing really, nobody would have cared had we not gotten relegated the day before.

A bit like his passes, bad timing.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:07 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Honestly I'm disappointed there hasn't been anything from Harvie or O'Hora. Where is the leadership from these players?

Sadly, they'll be out the door in a few weeks, and they probably already know that.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:16 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
Honestly I'm disappointed there hasn't been anything from Harvie or O'Hora. Where is the leadership from these players?

Sadly, they'll be out the door in a few weeks, and they probably already know that.

I wouldn't be so sure. Both signed new contracts recently so we can hold out for a decent fee. I also can't see Harvie getting much interest.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:19 pm 

Why? Harvie had interest in January....

There's plenty of players in this squad that teams in League One will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of nabbing off us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:22 pm 

There's a group of 5 or 6 players in this squad that were fighting for promotion last year. We were raving about them. Our fans may be quick to turn on them, but other club's recruitment staff won't be so quick to forget.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:26 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Why? Harvie had interest in January....

There's plenty of players in this squad that teams in League One will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of nabbing off us.

I don't think Harvie's been good enough to convince L1 teams to part with the sort of money we're in a position to demand. Didn't know about the Jan interest though, tbf.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:33 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
There's a group of 5 or 6 players in this squad that were fighting for promotion last year. We were raving about them. Our fans may be quick to turn on them, but other club's recruitment staff won't be so quick to forget.

I'm certainly not turning on O'Hora or Harvie. I think both are great and would be very disappointed to lose them (I accept its very likely). I'm just disappointed we haven't heard from them as they game across as leaders in terms of fan engagement.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 3:13 pm 

As a unit, teams don't work sometimes but it doesn't mean individually they lack quality.

Would a Prem club want Southampton's entire XI? But will that team be picked apart because of individual quality? Probably

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit