THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jackson Fired
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:42 pm 

epdon wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Confirmed

Jackson gone along with Stockdale and Dagger

Could have been partly a financial decision - we probably offered higher wages to attract those three than we can afford in league two, and Jackson might have refused to stay without the others.

If it was a financial decision, we wouldn’t have sacked them. They were contracted, therefore we’ll have to pay them off. Sacking is a much bigger financial impact than not sacking.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:48 pm 

I reckon they were out of contract and we've not renewed.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:53 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
How different it all might have been if Dawson Devoy’s shot had gone in off the post it hit.

31 shots including that melee at the end. We know how the football gods work - the final game against Wycombe last season was exactly the same. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:09 pm 

What a genuinely lovely guy Jacko is. Real shame it's not worked out for him.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20230509-220652_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230509-220652_Instagram.jpg [ 112.25 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:29 pm 
^^^

Someone find that "I'm not crying you're crying" gif.

Wish him all the best, clearly has the ability to coach at this level, would be interesting to see how he'd get on with a decent squad at his disposal.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:32 pm 

Really feel like he deserved to be given a pre-season. There is no guarantee whoever comes in will fair any better.

Last 2 games we played some brilliant football and showed what we could do. 31 shots against Burton and one of those goes in (which it should have) and Jackson is still employed.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:37 pm 

If it doesn't go down to Burton his job wouldn't have been at risk...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:04 pm 

Personally a little disappointed Mark's been sacked. A genuine likeable character who you could tell was invested in us as a club and it's long term success...

Inherited a very meh squad and wasn't exactly given much time to assess and sign players considering the late dismissal of Manning.

We've had a manager guide us to third in the league to then have us in 22nd just 6 months on. Jacko's task was always destined to fail unfortunately. The issue isn't with the coaches in my eyes here.

Genuinely think a pre season and transfer window behind him we'd have been able to mount a serious challenge for an instant return to league one...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:09 pm 

Interesting to see how so many of the younger fan base are annoyed/disappointed at his departure. Maybe a very likeable man and his engagement got a lot of good will with the younger travelling contingency. Or are they just so focused that Winkelman is the problem that nobody else can do wrong? Maybe a bit of both I guess

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 10:25 pm 

see how so many of the younger fan base are annoyed/disappointed at his departure. Maybe a very likeable man and his engagement got a lot of good will with the younger travelling contingency. Or are they just so focused that Winkelman is the problem that nobody else can do wrong? Maybe a bit of both I guess[/quote]

As I touched on earlier, if he had a tone of a Millen, Neilson, Tisdale with exactly the same record, I don't think many would be arsed.

It's nice to be sympathetic.cand it shows we have heart and care at the core of this fanbase and that's admirable, not knocking it. But ever since Karl left, we've longed for that figure again as a fanbase it seems.
I liked Tis and Manning's ability to be respectful of the fans without being like Russ, Robbo, Jackson and fist pumping the crowd etc... though I love that stuff myself it feels like an instant win over if you have that kind of approach.
When Russ left I found myself struggling to warm immediately to either Manning or Jackson purely because I got suckered in by Russ' antics and thought we'd got another Robinson, which is what I adored as a young fan when Robbo came in and I got it... I think a lot of the younger ones especially crave that from managers as I did whe I were their age with KR..
I said when he was appointed that I hoped the fans wouldn't suck up to him immediately and they did exactly that. I love that the fans support the manager from the off, but really do feel we hero worship them way too quickly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next