THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:34 am 

MKBuster99 wrote:
Wrexham AFC can confirm terms were agreed to sign Harrogate Town striker Luke Armstrong on Transfer Deadline Day, with paperwork submitted for his signing.

Unfortunately, the required documentation and clearance requests could not be completed in time and his registration has been rejected.

As a result, Luke remains a Harrogate Town player.

The Club would like to thank the player for choosing to join Wrexham earlier in the day and are disappointed that this cannot now happen (pending any appeal).

No further comment will be made at this time.

This SNAFU will be great for the TV show. Every drama needs jeopardy. They could do the transfer window as an homage to the Keifer Sutherland show 24, with events unfolding in real time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:54 am 

If I was Harrogate boss I'd want compo as I have splashed out for replacement striker.
Obviously Wrexham are not as great as they think they are and are not God's gift to football

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:56 am 

Got to love how Wrexham fans we’re absolutely buzzing over this signing and now apparently he isn’t what they needed anyway.

the fickleness of football fans aye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:04 pm 

Seems somewhat convenient that they're currently filming the second season of their documentary. Everything's simply content these days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:36 pm 

MKBuster99 wrote:
Wrexham AFC can confirm terms were agreed to sign Harrogate Town striker Luke Armstrong on Transfer Deadline Day, with paperwork submitted for his signing.

Unfortunately, the required documentation and clearance requests could not be completed in time and his registration has been rejected.

The Club would like to thank the player for choosing to join Wrexham earlier in the day and are disappointed that this cannot now happen (pending any appeal).

This is absolutely fucking hilarious :lol: :lol:

Even funnier than watching Tom Jones trying to breakdance………..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:40 pm 

Scribble wrote:
MKBuster99 wrote:

This is absolutely fucking hilarious :lol: :lol:

Even funnier than watching Tom Jones trying to breakdance………..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFFoE9d0DM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:37 pm 

That got him more snatch than a Russian weightlifter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:38 pm 

Armstrong could be back on to Wrexham :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:39 pm 

CleanDon wrote:

How? Wrexham pay him to buy out his contract and make him a free agent?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:49 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:

How? Wrexham pay him to buy out his contract and make him a free agent?

Doesn’t work. He’d need to have become a free agent during the window to allow him to sign for someone outside of the window. Thats why you see a few mutual terminations on the final day.

Someone has posted that due to Wrexham being under FAW jurisdiction, it’s classified as an international transfer of which the deadline is an hour later.

No chance this gets overturned and if it does, Wrexham should be forced to leave the EFL along with Cardiff and Swansea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next