THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:03 am 

235 pages?!! Bloody hell. y'all have had a busy night!

So, pulling the bones out of this behemoth of a thread it looks like we agree on several key points:

1. Winkelman seems to have made good on his promise wrt funding. Although we're speculating, it may be that a late windfall from the Nombe move tipped the balance yesterday.

2. It doesn't look like we have had any serious bids for our stars (especially Mo) or else we've deviated from our old "won't stand in their way" mantra. Whichever it was, it's great news

3. We now appear to have cover in all key areas, with the players brought in ranging from good options to adequate options. No duffers (on paper at least). Obvs that's good news.

4. We all tend to agree it was a good window, in terms of results. Filth (and maybe some others) didn't think it was managed well. Personally I think he's being a little harsh, when you compare our window to our rivals. But, either way, some good work from Sweeting and Alexander.

Overall, we're top of the league and now have an enhanced squad. Let's give GA some time to actually coach the team (rather than just get them fit and do match readiness prep) and see how things play out. My own enthusiasm levels are starting to recover. Who knows, a bit less hoofball, bit more skillful play and a continuation of our ability to win games and I might have to fire up The Keyser Express!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:08 am 

Some comments from Wrexham did make me laugh. They were responding to our signing of Harrison as a “panic”, whereas it was them who panic bought Armstrong at way above what he’s actually worth.

They had a deal all but agreed for Hanlan, it fell through at the last minute and they panicked and chucked a shed load at Armstrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:15 am 

Armstrong to Wrexham reportedly off.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:16 am 

This has been my favourite ever transfer window. Was box office! Think the recruitment team our end deserve dome credit in the bank and that twist with wrexham is hilarious. Hopefully mullin is out for yhr season :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:20 am 

Gravel Path to Martti wrote:

They’ll have to loan him to National league club until January.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:29 am 

Wrexham AFC can confirm terms were agreed to sign Harrogate Town striker Luke Armstrong on Transfer Deadline Day, with paperwork submitted for his signing.

Unfortunately, the required documentation and clearance requests could not be completed in time and his registration has been rejected.

As a result, Luke remains a Harrogate Town player.

The Club would like to thank the player for choosing to join Wrexham earlier in the day and are disappointed that this cannot now happen (pending any appeal).

No further comment will be made at this time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:29 am 

Confirmed :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:32 am 

BuckDon wrote:

Confirmed :lol: :lol:

Massive own goal by Wrexham and Armstrong. A hollywood farce.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:33 am 

How the fuck have we managed to get Harrison registered and they’ve not Armstrong. Absolute amateur hour from Wrexham

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:34 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
How the fuck have we managed to get Harrison registered and they’ve not Armstrong. Absolute amateur hour from Wrexham

Is there any international shenanigans considering they are governed by FAW? That’s a theory by one or two of there fans on TFF

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238  Next