THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 238  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:02 am 

It's starting... Mo is 'expected to leave'.

https://twitter.com/DarrenOWitcoop/stat ... 52995?s=20

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:05 am 

Yep. Seems about right. He's done the best he can. I'd like to think he'd have the Agard/Aneke factor in L2 with a full pre season under his belt but its no surprise he'll have suitors

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:14 am 

If we can get a decent fee for Mo I wouldn't be to sad about letting him go. Good player who scored some great goal for us this season but I think we might need someone a bit more adept at build-up play to help us bring the best out of the likes of Leko and Conor Grant. Also Mo deserves to be in League 1 - he has consistently scored 1 in 3 at that level.

In other news I seen a tweet linking O'Hora with a move to Oxford. Probably lazy speculation but we know Manning liked him and the feeling was probably mutual.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:16 am 

Suspect he signed a 3 year contract, so must have a year left. Hopefully a reasonable fee.

I’m not sure how he’d fair in League 2 to be honest. Also, his finishing has been pretty dire this season too, so I don’t think it’s too much of a loss.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:41 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Suspect he signed a 3 year contract, so must have a year left. Hopefully a reasonable fee.

I’m not sure how he’d fair in League 2 to be honest. Also, his finishing has been pretty dire this season too, so I don’t think it’s too much of a loss.

He's scored 14 goals for a side that has got relegated...

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:51 am 

Alby39 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Last time he was in league 2 he faired very well scoring over 20 goals and getting sold to Bristol City for over a million pounds.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:22 am 

Alby39 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Which shows stats don't tell the full picture. Watched him in every game this season and simply was not good enough for the role he plays in the team. Scored some beauties, some penalties and a handful of good finishes.

However, overall he spurned so many chances. He got 14 goals, but with the chances we created for him, he should have had 20+. How many times was he in a decent position, only to stumble on the ball or to hit it straight at the keeper or wide.

Dire was the wrong word to use. I'll change it to frustrating. In no way was he bad for us, but he also wasn't good enough. Unfortunately, he had no real competition for that role.

It isn't just Eisa though, the entire team is to blame, especially the midfield. Not a single player had any real shooting ability. Grant, Maghoma, McEachran and Devoy, who all featured regularly got a grand total of 2 goals between them.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Tue May 09, 2023 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:23 am 

Ormeau wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Last time he was in league 2 he faired very well scoring over 20 goals and getting sold to Bristol City for over a million pounds.

You and your facts. You can prove anything with facts. Pfft.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:31 am 

East Wing Don wrote:

Mo's scored 14 goals for a bad team who have struggled to put chances on a plate this season, that is a respectable record.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:34 am 

paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Mo's scored 14 goals for a bad team who have struggled to put chances on a plate this season, that is a respectable record.

He scored 11 leagues goals. I disagree on the chances, we created a good amount. I highly suspect he'll be disappointed to have scored 11.

As I said, I don't want to solely pick on Eisa. The whole team have had a really inability to put the ball in the back of the net all season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2375 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 238  Next