THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: #CloseTheCorners
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:47 am 

Over the years you've laughed at BCS for suggesting this. He's been adamant that #CloseTheCorners is a move we should take and get everyone into the Cowshed.

Now we're relegated, should we reignite his suggestion and try to #CloseTheCorners??? I know he really thinks we should.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post subject: Re: #CloseTheCorners
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:52 am 

We should close half the ground let alone the corners but we won't. It worries me that we are going to go the way of Darlington with that OTT ground. It must hemorrhage money. If the attendences from to lets say 4k what's the point. Could put everyone in the upper tiers and still have room to spare.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:50 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Over the years you've laughed at BCS for suggesting this. He's been adamant that #CloseTheCorners is a move we should take and get everyone into the Cowshed.

Now we're relegated, should we reignite his suggestion and try to #CloseTheCorners??? I know he really thinks we should.

Hahaha fuck off Alby

#CornersForever

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:25 am 

Alby39 wrote:

I wonder what the logistics are of doing that ? you still need the Red stand open for the press guys and anyone who's paid for the hotel bar etc. Move the away fans round a bit perhaps ?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:06 am 

Try and force me to sit in the cow shed and I'll cancel my ST, as will those that sit around me.

There are different types of supporters, and when groups of those supporters have significant numbers you have to cater for them or you'll lose them.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:10 am 

Casual Bystander wrote:
Try and force me to sit in the cow shed and I'll cancel my ST, as will those that sit around me.

There are different types of supporters, and when groups of those supporters have significant numbers you have to cater for them or you'll lose them.

People who don’t sing, swear at the ref or boo ex players aren’t real supporters.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:11 am 

dons50 wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:

People who don’t sing, swear at the ref or boo ex players aren’t real supporters.

TGGI

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:19 am 

Oh Alby, you are a naughty boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:35 am 

Casual Bystander wrote:

I liked the Cowshed and had a ST in it for 13 years but my dad is 74 this year and he moved away because it's no longer his vibe. He needs to sit down and take in the game, and next season he is in Block 16.

Takes all sorts. the Cowshed is a place I can call the referee a fucking wanker at full volume and not everyone wants to hear that at a game. Lots of families and kids as well who won't want to be in the Cowshed.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 9:46 am 

Casual Bystander wrote:

Well.... and vice versa; We've always been there. I wouldn't want to move. Apart from the dork a few rows back (if you think my remarks are daft on here, you should hear him) we have are nice little group of people who I'd never have met before where we sit.
The Cowshed is the SMK equivalent of Nirvana (and I don't mean the popular beat combo).

Incidentally, closing some parts of the stadium would surely only save on stewarding/cleaning costs. The bulk of the stadium costs must be in interest payments which are unrelated to capacity usage. OK not employing some stewards and not having to clean up would save a few quid but it won't be massive given the wages they are on as casual staff*.
Agree it's probably best to leave things as they are given how peed off most of us are at the moment. Straw, camels' back etc

*The big chap who patrols the pitch by The Cowshed goal who looks like Trump works at the tip in New Bradwell. Nice guy.