THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Retained Lists
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 8:40 pm 

Scribble wrote:
PW won’t be able to resist if offers come in for O’Hora and Eisa, i honestly don’t expect to see either of these in next seasons team, they’ll be sold I’m certain of that

He said we had money to fund us through losses (or some such) in his interview. So tell them to p*ss off :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 3:19 am 

It is a shame to see Josh and Watson go, both were big players in our success during the 21/22 season and two of the players to come out of last season with some credit. Best of luck to them.

I'm not particularly sad to see Johnson, Kaikai or any of the youngsters depart

Nice that we had an option on Eisa but I wouldn't be surprised to see him depart at a later date.

I have mixed views about what remains. In one way it is quite nice to have a base of 19 players on the books for next season, but I would be disappointed to see a good few of them move on.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 6:26 am 

Much as I would like to see him break the remaining record, does Lewie still have a full season in him?

By the end of last season he was looking pretty shaky, contributing to those dropped points, albeit he also lifted us.

Also I agree on McEchran and Watson. Shame they’re going.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 6:58 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
Much as I would like to see him break the remaining record, does Lewie still have a full season in him?

By the end of last season he was looking pretty shaky, contributing to those dropped points, albeit he also lifted us.

I think Lewie has another 1 or 2 seasons. When he came back after his long injury lay off, he was the best defender we had (O'Hora was still out). He'll need to put on some timber like he did in L2 last time and will do well imo

I thought our squad was too big last year so still having 19 players on the books probably means a few more will go before we bring a few more in.

Grigg, Smith and Holland staying seems a waste of wages to me but, if they stay, maybe they'll do well next season

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 9:25 am 

AB4 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

I think Lewie has another 1 or 2 seasons. When he came back after his long injury lay off, he was the best defender we had (O'Hora was still out). He'll need to put on some timber like he did in L2 last time and will do well imo

I thought our squad was too big last year so still having 19 players on the books probably means a few more will go before we bring a few more in.

Grigg, Smith and Holland staying seems a waste of wages to me but, if they stay, maybe they'll do well next season

Problem is with Grigg and Holland is they are probably half way through their contracts (I would guess both of them are minimum 2 year deals). This is why they are staying as releasing them in contract would take out of our budget for next season as I believe you pay compo for every year they have left. Smith I assume has 18 months left as signed Jan 22 so I would assume next summer is when it runs out. It's a sad fact of relegation that new contract wont be offered to players that deserve to stay and we are stuck with underperforming players who may or may not do well in league 2.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 1:38 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:

He'd come back from a long term lay off with next to no time to get up to speed, he was bound to burn out eventually

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 2:25 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

He'd come back from a long term lay off with next to no time to get up to speed, he was bound to burn out eventually

Good point.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 2:32 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
It is a shame to see Josh and Watson go, both were big players in our success during the 21/22 season and two of the players to come out of last season with some credit. Best of luck to them.

Nice that we had an option on Eisa but I wouldn't be surprised to see him depart at a later date.

I have mixed views about what remains. In one way it is quite nice to have a base of 19 players on the books for next season, but I would be disappointed to see a good few of them move on.

Are Josh and Watson definitely going? Johnson and Kaikai too?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 3:18 pm 

Old East Stand wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

We don't know. All we know is their contracts are up on 30 June. But it doesn't mean a late deal *can't* be reached if we want to keep them.

Johnson definitely won't stay, he failed to make a big impact. Kaikai will be a good L1 player next season, can't see why he would stay.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 3:23 pm 

Old East Stand wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:

All four contracts are up. If they dont want to sign what can we do? Thing is bar Watson are we going to miss them? People rave about McEachran, but he is grossly unfit and when does play doesn't really do a lot IMO (it was alluded to by Jackson and others that the midfield was the poorest part of our side when it comes to fitness, doesn't take a genius to work out who they were talking about). Johnson didn't really feature much under Jackson and there is no guarantees that he would under the new coach and I can understand if he wants to find new pastures. Kaikai was only a six month deal. He is definitely League 1 material, but with all of these never say never. If they can't find work elsewhere they maybe back. It has happened before with one of our player (name escapes me) that he couldn't find a club and resigned with us a couple of weeks after "leaving". I am sure someone with a memory will remember better than me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next